News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC Transmitter on an 1198 desk phone

Started by Fwbeachbum, August 17, 2022, 03:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jeff...if you cannot remove the element, this is a perfectly acceptable replacement. It is the next version of SC Bakelite handsets and I have seen many on your style phone....Doug
Kidphone

Fwbeachbum

Well the freezer idea worked. I thought about this before but, I didn't know if the bakelite would shrink too much or get too brittle and end up a pile of pieces. Now my receiver is free and I can check it over good before I start clean up and fixing up.
Thanks for the idea.
Jeff Lee

Fwbeachbum

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 20, 2022, 07:45:27 AMJeff...if you cannot remove the element, this is a perfectly acceptable replacement. It is the next version of SC Bakelite handsets and I have seen many on your style phone....Doug
Thanks for the tip. I got it free but, I can see where a lot of handsets would be replaced like that back in the day. I used to replace a ton back in the 80s when I was a field tech.
Jeff Lee

RDPipes

Quote from: Fwbeachbum on August 20, 2022, 08:31:00 AMWell the freezer idea worked. I thought about this before but, I didn't know if the bakelite would shrink too much or get too brittle and end up a pile of pieces. Now my receiver is free and I can check it over good before I start clean up and fixing up.
Thanks for the idea.

Just make sure you sand or Dremel a little out of the cap so it won't get stuck again, I use a lathe but, I know not everyone has one.