News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Type 21 Candlestick

Started by Doug Rose, October 04, 2017, 11:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this in the Dungeon this morning, wired it up and it works! Dial is not connected and should be flush to the base not on top  Great color to the brass. Black transmitter 3C stamped on front. I think its a keeper. I had a cloth handset cord...BUT I cannot find it now!

That means I will finally sell the Strowger Booze bottle I have been keeping. No more room for sticks and last one I saw went over $100. Looks cool, but it is not real! ....Doug
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

The set is in pretty nice shape Doug.      Why do you say the dial should be flush with the base ?

Jeff

HarrySmith

Yes, inquiring minds want to know! Is it the wrong dial? What's not real about it?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

this is a pic from Larry, Steve Hilsz told me the dial should be a AE23 in the past?.....Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
        Sweet phone !!! Back in 1922 the dial (type 23 ) was flush on the AE 21 and a shorter perch ( left pic ), and in the AE Bulletin 1015 ,1929 , pgs. 3 and 4 the same AE 21 has the dial (type 24 )  mounted like yours ( right pic.). The trans, should be a 3 C . I think you have a real AE 21 . stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

I also see the difference in the perches, is that a sign of the "newer" version?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

thanks Stub....you are the AE expert.

I wrote Steve about a 23, we shall see. I got one for my Manual one with the Bulldog I found a few years ago.....Doug
Kidphone

Stubbypylon

Back around 1982 I acquired my very first candlestick -  an AE21.  It had a Mercedes dial and appears to be all original so I would say a Mercedes, a 23 and a 24 would be correct dials.
Craig Stanowski

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Craig....thanks for info on the Mercedes dial. I think that is how I am going to go on this beauty.....Doug
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

Here's the pages from the A.E. Catalog Stub was referring to.   

Jeff

Doug Rose

thanks Jeff....I do appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I got home late last night to find a package from Steve in Az. It should have a Mercedes dial and a cloth receiver cord.

Hopefully I will get is done today....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

My two AE 21s
Kidphone