News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is This Bad Luck Catching?

Started by 19and41, January 30, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

My areas' post office is developing some bad habits.  When a package is received at the regional distribution center, which is about 6 miles from my home and 7 from my post office.  They send it on.  Somewhere.  They have sent them north as far as 20 miles away, then back to the center, then to my post office then to me at a day a segment after the estimated delivery.  They have sent them as far as the state line 300 miles away.  Todays' parcel went to the center, to an adjacent towns' post office and was sent back today, hopefully to go back to my post office, then to my home.  That is a lot of bouncing around for a $25 vacuum tube.  There is no resemblance in the place names, though the zips all begin 302.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

So, does that mean we may now know where the employees who once worked at OPA LOCKA ended up?

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: TelePlay on January 30, 2018, 05:26:53 PM
So, does that mean we may now know where the employees who once worked at OPA LOCKA ended up?
No, I think the Cliff Clavin Convention was in town that day. They're headquartered in Florida...he almost moved there, you know! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on January 30, 2018, 08:11:20 PM
No, I think the Cliff Clavin Convention was in town that day. They're headquartered in Florida...he almost moved there, you know! ;D

I hope not, I could live without this aggravation.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dan/Panther

Watching Postal Tracking printout, makes me say, WHAT ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

andre_janew

I have yet to receive a set of dial cards I ordered.  In tracking them, I discovered they left California on January 17th and have not been scanned since then.  They are supposed to be on their way to Lawrence, Kansas which is where I live,  but I haven't seen then yet.

19and41

That'd be about the time I would contact the seller/sender and advising them their shipment has hit the rocks.
— Arthur C. Clarke

andre_janew

I finally received it about a week after I posted my complaint in this thread.