News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Telephone Apparatus Catalogs No. 4 and 8

Started by cihensley@aol.com, August 18, 2017, 05:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

Many of the Western Electric apparatus catalogs are available in the TCI library. Many are also for sale on eBay and other used book sources. Conspicuously absent from these locations are catalogs 4 and 8. I have a copy of the 1930-31 combined Western Electric/Graybar catalog. I assume the Western Electric portion of this catalog is partially the same as catalog 8 which was presumably issued in this time frame, but it is not catalog 8.  Catalog 4 was presumably issued around 1920. After more than several years of searching, I have not located either catalog 4 or 8.

Has anyone seen either of the catalogs?

Chuck

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on August 18, 2017, 05:16:36 PM
Many of the Western Electric apparatus catalogs are available in the TCI library. Many are also for sale on eBay and other used book sources. Conspicuously absent from these locations are catalogs 4 and 8. I have a copy of the 1930-31 combined Western Electric/Graybar catalog. I assume the Western Electric portion of this catalog is partially the same as catalog 8 which was presumably issued in this time frame, but it is not catalog 8.  Catalog 4 was presumably issued around 1920. After more than several years of searching, I have not located either catalog 4 or 8.

Has anyone seen either of the catalogs?

Chuck
I've never seen nor heard of anyone having #4. 

An unnumbered 1930-31 telephone apparatus & supplies only catalog was published, falling after #7 (1929) and #9 (1930 & 35).  Presumably it is #8.  What's referred to as #2 (1908) does not have a formal # imprint either, only "second edition".

Is your "1930-31 combined Western Electric/Graybar catalog" telephone apparatus & supplies only or does it also include electrical items?