News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

$10099.95 Vintage Stromberg-Carlson SLENDERET Princess Style Touch Push Button

Started by GTE Rick, December 27, 2013, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTE Rick

$10099.95  Buy It now... With Free "economy" Shipping !

That must be A TYPO!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121239437317

"Vintage Stromberg-Carlson SLENDERET Princess Style Touch Push Button Army Green"
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

Contempra

Excuse me but I find that some sellers takes us for suitcases full of money!, have still not idiots to pay $10,000 for a phone unless it is solid gold... Who would want to pay this amount?... I'd buy a car for this price before a phone.. :o

TelePlay

Let me take a guess at this.

The seller first listed it at $100 but then thought the marketing number of $99.95 would make it more appealing to a potential buyer.

So, after the seller typed in $100, the seller then typed in the 99 and the .95 but forgot to delete the 100, hence, the $10099.95 (there is no comma as it would be if the seller intended it to be $10,099.95).

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Contempra on December 27, 2013, 09:26:50 PM
Excuse me but I find that some sellers takes us for suitcases full of money!, have still not idiots to pay $10,000 for a phone unless it is solid gold... Who would want to pay this amount?... I'd buy a car for this price before a phone.. :o

And a garage to put it in..

Ben

paul-f

Before emptying your cash suitcase on this phone, I'll consider offers on a set of 8 -- both rotary and touchtone sets in each of the 4 production colors.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

JimH

I saw this a few days ago, and sent the seller a message.  Here it is:

Dear grandmasatticny,

Check your listed price; this cannot be correct.

Answer:

Yes that is correct. I discovered a problem with the phone. I wanted a chance to try to fix the phone before I ended the listing. Then I will edit the listing.
Thanks

Odd thing about this is, that they had the same NOS phone in another color with the box for I think $75 buy it now.  Who knows!

Jim
Mark
Jim H.

baldopeacock

wow.  I've got its twin, as a wall version, in my kitchen as our daily driver, and it was NOS when I got it for $15.  If I'd only known it was worth ten grand I'd never have taken it out of the box.

TelePlay

Quote from: JimH on December 27, 2013, 11:38:04 PM
"Yes that is correct. I discovered a problem with the phone. I wanted a chance to try to fix the phone before I ended the listing. Then I will edit the listing."

That's just __________  (and any one of several words would fit that blank).