News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stay cords in SC Fatboy or similar set, What is a good replacement?

Started by RotoTech99, June 28, 2015, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

I have seen the stay cords used in some of Stromberg-Carlson's phones that permit the set to be opened to a certain degree, keeping the housing and baseplate "hinged together" including the SC 1212..

The cord is resembling to a shoe lace in construction with two s-hook lugs attached, and appears about 2 to 3 inches long, attaching to the base, and the upper housing.

I am needing to replace this on one of my SC1212's, and need a idea/suggestion on what to use to replace the cord portion of it.

I was able to open the s-hook lugs where they gripped the cord material, so I can re-use those to reattach it, but need suggestions for the cord material.

andre_janew

Pictures would be a big help in trying to find a solution.  Knowing what the original looks like is an important step in fabricating a replacement.

RotoTech99

I have attached a photo of the stay cord to this post (indicated by the arrow)... It is about the size of a small round shoelace, and off white in color.

I couldn't get a picture of both lugs attached to it, but you can see the s-hook attached to one lug end in the picture on the bottom end of it.

It looks woven in appearance, that is why I thought it resembled a shoe lace in construction.

HarrySmith

Looks like the same stuff used for lacing. I think that is available still.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

NorthernElectric

How about paracord?  You can probably find a color and size about right.
Cliff