News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are these used for?

Started by Greg G., April 17, 2016, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

These were inside a black 554 I got last November, but I'm not sure what they're used for.  They look like wire crimps of some sort, maybe not even telephone specific.  I'm clearing out a bunch of stuff in my hobby corner that became a catch-all, need to know what these are and then I can decide if I should keep it or toss it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Those are self piercing spade lug connectors as they come on large reals for use in automated system. Rolls are what, 5,000 per roll? Simply cut the cross bar off of the lugs and barrel and you have one spade lug.

unbeldi

Quote from: Brinybay on April 17, 2016, 05:05:22 PM
These were inside a black 554 I got last November, but I'm not sure what they're used for.  They look like wire crimps of some sort, maybe not even telephone specific.  I'm clearing out a bunch of stuff in my hobby corner that became a catch-all, need to know what these are and then I can decide if I should keep it or toss it.

Those are spade terminals.  This is how they are made in rows, for use they are cut across.

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Babybearjs

I bought 400 of these and have used more then half of them on my latest weekend project.... they really come in handy when repairing a telephone....
John