News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green AE 50

Started by poplar1, May 18, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Greg G.

I like, but not enough for $2k.  I'll bet it won't get any bids with such a high starting price.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

You are assuming that the two bidders who have been fighting it out over every colored AE lately don't stumble upon the listing!

Terry

poplar1

Terry, which one of those handles is your alias?

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 18, 2014, 11:33:45 PM
You are assuming that the two bidders who have been fighting it out over every colored AE lately don't stumble upon the listing!

Terry
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Brinybay on May 18, 2014, 10:56:05 PM
I like, but not enough for $2k.  I'll bet it won't get any bids with such a high starting price.
I think with a no reserve 2K starting price that this phone will sell. The seller is Jon Kolger. Jon collects extremely nice phones and when he ships them he packs extremely well.  This phone is worthy of an auction contest.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Quote from: poplar1 on May 18, 2014, 11:52:05 PM
Terry, which one of those handles is your alias?

Yeah I wish! Well probably not when the credit card bill arrived!

Terry

Jon Kolger

Thanks for the kind words, Jim.  With all the crazy bidding currently going on for AE phones, I have to admit I have been very tempted to put some nice AE sets on ebay.  For the most part, I have resisted temptation.  This green 50 is one of my project phones that has been on the back burner for a while.  We'll see what happens...

TelePlay

Up as Auction Contest #122 . . .

Since it is starting so high, the crowding gap has been reduced to 3% ($60 at $2,000; $90 at $3,000; $120 at $4,000, etc.).

tallguy58

One of the regular crazy guys has already bid on it.
Cheers........Bill

WesternElectricBen

Great phone, John, hope it sells, for a great number.

Ben

AE40FAN

Jon Kogler,

Is that an original blue AE34?!  If so, where in the world did you find it?  It's a beautiful phone.

Thanks,

Frank

Jon Kolger

Thanks, Frank.  Yes, the Blue AE 34 is an original.  I chased it for many years.  I've had it for 15 years or more.  I first heard about it second-hand, when a friend told me that he saw it sell at the Springfield, Ohio antique show.  My friend didn't tell me who bought it because he was hoping to buy it.  After many years of unsuccessfully trying to buy it from the guy who purchased it, my friend finally told me who had bought it.  I then called that guy, who is really more of a radio collector, and pestered him for several years until he finally offered it to me.  He priced it high, but we were able to come together on a price.  It didn't look this nice when I got it though...it was pretty dirty.  It's actually the third Blue 34 I've had over the years, but it's the nicest one.

AE40FAN

Quote from: Jon Kolger on May 27, 2014, 08:29:39 PM
Thanks, Frank.  Yes, the Blue AE 34 is an original.  I chased it for many years.  I've had it for 15 years or more.  I first heard about it second-hand, when a friend told me that he saw it sell at the Springfield, Ohio antique show.  My friend didn't tell me who bought it because he was hoping to buy it.  After many years of unsuccessfully trying to buy it from the guy who purchased it, my friend finally told me who had bought it.  I then called that guy, who is really more of a radio collector, and pestered him for several years until he finally offered it to me.  He priced it high, but we were able to come together on a price.  It didn't look this nice when I got it though...it was pretty dirty.  It's actually the third Blue 34 I've had over the years, but it's the nicest one.

I love it. It has to be one of the rarest colored AE34 sets?  I can't imagine I'll ever see one of these in person never mind the 3 you've acquired over the years!!  Ever post photos of your collection? I'm sure we'd all love to see it.