News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

List of Known AE Sales Type Catalogs concerning Telephone Sets

Started by JorgeAmely, June 27, 2010, 02:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnInWI

Is the AE Catalog- 4033 , July 1- 1939  available to view online?

JohnInWI

Quote from: stub on August 26, 2013, 01:22:24 PM
JohnInWI,
               Not online yet, I'm on dial-up and the file is 19.9 Mb., buy the time I get it downloaded my computer has forgotten what I'm doing. ;D   stub

Thank you for your reply.  I know what a pain slow computers can be.

stub

This AE Catalog 4033 is now in the TCI Library for download . Thanks to Paul F. and Clint G.    stub

http://tinyurl.com/ld88z7d
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Terry,
         Not a Catalog but ad from - Telephone Engineer , April , 1926  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

NorthernElectric

I found an online reference to a hard copy of catalogue 4055-B on a library catalog site here.  The catalogue is supposed to be at the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn Micihigan though it did not turn up in a search of their web site.
Cliff

unbeldi

Quote from: NorthernElectric on August 18, 2015, 01:15:10 PM
I found an online reference to a hard copy of catalogue 4055-B on a library catalog site here.  The catalogue is supposed to be at the Benson Ford Research Center in Dearborn Micihigan though it did not turn up in a search of their web site.

Well, just go an scan it.  ;D  This must be at the Henry Ford Museum.  Nice place, and they also have small telephone exhibit.

NorthernElectric

Cliff

Jack Ryan

Quote from: AE_Collector on August 20, 2015, 11:55:15 PM
I have an electronic copy of 4055-A (apparently). It doesn't seem to be available online either so maybe I should send it to Remco for the TCI Library? Remco mentioned tat he had a hard copy of it though so maybe he has already scanned it.

I uploaded a copy to this group a few days ago

Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on August 21, 2015, 02:14:38 AM
Quote from: AE_Collector on August 20, 2015, 11:55:15 PM
I have an electronic copy of 4055-A (apparently). It doesn't seem to be available online either so maybe I should send it to Remco for the TCI Library? Remco mentioned tat he had a hard copy of it though so maybe he has already scanned it.

I uploaded a copy to this group a few days ago

Jack

Thanks again, Jack.
I took it as an invitation to improve on the readability a little. I removed all gray backgrounds and the ghost images,  corrected some of the shear in the pages, cleaned up margins (punch holes) for better compression, created a search index and the highest level book marks.
The images could not be improved upon as there was just not enough detail in the scans and some pages could have used even more shear correction, but I hope it's pleasing as it is.  It is also only about 1/3 of the size of the source.

Here is it for community consumption.

AE_Collector

Thanks to both of you! I couldn't figure out where it was located initially after Jack uploaded it. Now who will put it into the TCI library...Paul?

Now to find 4055-B!

Karl, are you set up to scan documents (relatively) easily? I would pay postage both ways to loan some to you for scanning if you are intersted. Or maybe Jack might have more documents he may be willing to scan for Karl to clean up (group effort)?

Terry

Jack Ryan

Good job Unbeldi.

Just for the record, I didn't scan it; in fact I have no idea where it came from. I probably would have cleaned it up eventually but you've done a better job than I would have.

Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on August 21, 2015, 08:54:37 PM
Good job Unbeldi.

Just for the record, I didn't scan it; in fact I have no idea where it came from. I probably would have cleaned it up eventually but you've done a better job than I would have.

Jack
Thanks.
I didn't mean to blame you for scanning it that way, but wanted to acknowledge the sharing philosophy again.    The quality of the images is not really so important, turns out, as they seem to be pretty much the same as in the other catalogs, in which they have better definition.

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on August 21, 2015, 06:44:24 PM
Thanks to both of you! I couldn't figure out where it was located initially after Jack uploaded it. Now who will put it into the TCI library...Paul?

Now to find 4055-B!

Karl, are you set up to scan documents (relatively) easily? I would pay postage both ways to loan some to you for scanning if you are intersted. Or maybe Jack might have more documents he may be willing to scan for Karl to clean up (group effort)?

Terry

Well, I can scan, yes, not as easy as I wish, flat bed scanners aren't very convenient to use, unless it's all sheet material.
If someone has something to clean up, no problem.

Does anyone have any AE railway telephone system catalogs?

Jack Ryan

Quote from: unbeldi on August 21, 2015, 09:38:26 PM
The quality of the images is not really so important, turns out, as they seem to be pretty much the same as in the other catalogs, in which they have better definition.

Yes, that's true. There is a very good scan of an American Electric catalogue from the time when AmE was part of the group and sold AE telephones that is a good source of detailed images. There are two editions of AE Bulletin 1015, one from 1928 and the other from 1929. The two are identical except that the AE 1 was replaced by the AE 1-A and one is a better copy.

I do not suggest creating new catalogues, just that if needed, one can check detail in other catalogues.

Jack

unbeldi

Here is a 1926 advertisement by AE that shows the early set of Monophones, including the first fully self-contained desk set No. 2.

The ad explains the material of the cradle as being phosphor bronze, not any other material that is often claimed as the material used at first.

IIRC, some people claim it was zinc, which acc. to my studies was not used in appreciable quantities for these types of applications until the early 30s.