News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

connection block for multiple phones

Started by davidbholcomb, November 06, 2012, 01:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbholcomb

I want to connect up several (6) different CSs (all sidetone models) to one sidetone subset (584A). I thought I would ask in case someone else has already created this. I would like a connection block where I can attached all the phones to and with switches switch between phones that can be used. All the phones are placed near each other and it would be neat to have each one usable. Anyone ever created anything like this?
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.

poplar1

They should all work connecting in parallel to the same 584A (sidetone) subset
(red to R, green to GN, yellow to YL2).

Unless you have a reason to switch them, the switch isn't necessary.

The same is not true if you are using an anti-sidetone subset.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HowardPgh

I think it will work OK as long as you don't use two at once.-Howard
Howard

Phonesrfun

Actually, the only downside to using more than one candlestick at once is that you won't be able do dial out, and the volume in each will be lower.  Kind of like picking up an extension when someone else is already using another extension.  With rotary dials, you can only dial out if you are the only one using the line.
-Bill G

davidbholcomb

Quote from: poplar1 on November 06, 2012, 04:14:24 PM
Unless you have a reason to switch them, the switch isn't necessary.

After I wrote that I realized that the hook switch on the phones were switches enough! Thanks for the replies so far.
Dave, who still needs a Transmitter Bracket for the Automatic Electric Type 38 Handset.