News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old AE wall phone -- help ID please?

Started by slantsixdan, August 15, 2012, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slantsixdan

Howdy, all. Need some help IDing this (apparently) AE wall phone. I bought it enough years ago -- fully cleaned, refurbished, and tuned up -- that I don't recall what model it is or what year (range) it's from. Thanks in advance!

LarryInMichigan

That is an AE21 wall phone: link.  It looks nice.

Larry

slantsixdan

Wow, got it in one! Thanks much. It is indeed quite beautiful. I bought it fully restored and refurbished and with a modular plug on the end of its wall cord. It works perfectly, but doesn't fit with my 1950s house and I need to make room for era-correct things, so sadly I must sell this one. Any thoughts on its worth?

LarryInMichigan

The value will depend on how original the parts are.  Some of the people doing restorations replace the (valuable) old parts with (cheaper) newer ones, and while that might make the phone work well, it greatly decreases the value to collectors.  Pictures of the insides would help us determine how original the phone is.  If it is mostly original, I would guess that the value on ebay would be somewhere between $80 and $120.

Larry

slantsixdan

Thanks much. I'm fairly sure it's mostly original parts in there. I'll take and post some clear photos as soon as I'm able.