"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Beautiful WE 293

Started by Doug Rose, April 03, 2021, 02:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Quote from: Witty on April 05, 2021, 08:35:18 PM
We may never know why someone attached those wires. I'm pretty sure they are not original to the unit. If it was mine I would remove them, but of course that's your choice.
Beautiful phone Doug!
For comparison....here are a few pics of a working set. Pic 3 is the new set...or new to me  8)...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

The bare wire is not connected to L1 or K2 so it must be an antenna for an early cell phone?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Witty

Two nice 293a phones you have there Doug. There were several variations made for this set. The green and red wires on the second one looks like they would go to a push button or switch on the front panel? Just taking a guess.
These phones are a perfect collectible size, easy to display and just look great finished up.
Congrats on having two!
Ken

Doug Rose

They did, there was a doorbell on the working one. Just two small holes in the decal, very small....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

This is another 293 I have that has the patent dates burned it. I thought it was the oldest until I got the new one with the outside terminal receiver and the rattlesnake cord. Looks like 23 is burned in on the corners in the front as well...Doug
Kidphone

Witty

What a nice 293 you have there Doug.
This particular style probably isn't  real common I would think. From my understanding the 293 phones all came with the OST receiver from the plant. My feeling is this receiver was maybe an upgrade or refurb. At some later date.
It's a beautiful set.
Congrats again!
Ken

Doug Rose

Quote from: Witty on April 08, 2021, 01:38:50 PM
What a nice 293 you have there Doug.
This particular style probably isn't  real common I would think. From my understanding the 293 phones all came with the OST receiver from the plant. My feeling is this receiver was maybe an upgrade or refurb. At some later date.
It's a beautiful set.
Congrats again!
thanks Ken....Doug
Kidphone