News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Please help me identify this in more detail

Started by Adam, October 18, 2013, 01:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

The 1985 film Back To The Future featured, as part of the time machine's dash board, a touch tone pad mounted in a green box, which was used to enter the destination date and time.

Way before this movie, I owned one of these boxes as a teenager.  I'd love to find one again for old time's sake, but I don't remember enough about it to enter the correct words to find one in a search.

A pic of the box, from the car in the movie, is included below.  It's the best one I could find.  The pic is extremely frustrating because just out of frame, in the lower-left-hand corner of the picture, it looks like there is a logo on the box, which could have given a big clue to what it it is, but it's too cut off in the pic to see.

All I can remember is that, I think, it was an early retail store credit check unit, but I'm not even sure about that.

Can anyone supply more specific info on this box?  Who was it made by?  Who was it made for?  What exactly was it called?  Can anyone shed any more light on this box?

Even better, anyone have one for sale?

Thanks!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820