News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC 1553W Ringer Help

Started by debeaune, January 28, 2015, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debeaune

Evening folk, have a SC 1553W in beautiful condition but before I start trying to work the reed to get the Party Ringer working, I wanted to check with you all and make sure I have the ringer properly wired.  Black is on C1 and Red lead is on lead 2, please let me know if that's accurate to get it to work on today's lines. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks...Tim

debeaune

May have found the culprit, seems my ringer is not complete, sighh.. Anyone have a ringer assembly they'd like to sell?

stub

Tim,
        Will have to look in shed later tonight. I think I have some from the 60's . Later stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

debeaune

Thanks Stub, let  me know, appreciate it.  Tim

unbeldi

1962  1553WG-50 SPECIAL

50 Hz ringer

stub

Tim,
       I have a very dirty 7- 1964 SL ringer if you want it for shipping, yes I tested it on my landline (POTS) and nice sweet ring. Ringer red wire to network C-2 and ringer black wire to network L-1 is how this one was hooked up, it won't matter on the color as long as you use C-2 and L-1 . When installed the SL will show thru a hole in the base plate to let installers know which type is in the phone. Send me a PM with your mailing address. Let me know. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Tim,
         Mine is missing the dial number card holder also.
         It may take a few days before I can get to post office, babysitting sick grand kids . Later  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Tim,
        Will this dial from 1963 be alright with you? Had to put it here so I could post pics.
Kenneth Stubblefield