News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hair Product with Peroxide, Worked Great on Turquoise Phone

Started by 11furby11, April 07, 2011, 10:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

So, is it heat alone that activates the chemical process or are there components of full spectrum sunlight, in addition to the warming IR, that enhance the activation of the chemical process?

JimH

Jim H.

Dewdrop

The phone parts I tried this on were dated mid 70s to early 80s.

Debbie

Sargeguy

I tried it on a "Sea-Foam Green" Princess from the mid 70s with mixed results.  It did a fantastic job on the handset but in the process of removing the yellow cast it faded the body.  Also it seems that there were decals on the body at some point the residue of which (undetected prior to treatment) interfered with the process causing uneven results.  Before and after pics to follow.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

pa_bell1960

Hi, Everyone,  Just picked up a bottle of the 40 volume creme develeper from Sally Beauty Supply, 32 oz bottle on sale,  $2.49.  What a deal. Going to give it a try over the weekend in 100 degree sunlight. Get it while it is on sale.  Oh by the way the lady at Sally said this is the same stuff as the White Magic. And cheaper.   Jim  Pa Bell
Western Electric Telephones and Zenith Radios, These are a few of my favorite things!!!   Jim

LarryInMichigan

pa_bell1960

Well for 2 weekends now I have been experimenting with the 40 volume creme on several parts of several different colors and I have to say I am most impressed with it, especially on white, ivory, aqua blue and turquoise.  I`ll post more pics but I wanted to show what I use to cook them in. I found these roasting pans at the Dollar General store for like 2 bucks each. They have a high lid on them and hold up under the hot TN summer sun. They work great. You can see the moisture builds up under the lid, but it does not fall onto the product. This 40 volume is just the right consistency to stay on. I let them stay out for about 2 hours and the results are amazing. More to come,  Jim
Western Electric Telephones and Zenith Radios, These are a few of my favorite things!!!   Jim

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Kenny C

QuoteHow hot is it?

Between 95-100 in my part of Tennessee
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

pa_bell1960

About the same here in the northern part of TN.    Jim

Greg G.

Quote from: Kenny C on July 29, 2011, 11:52:11 PM
QuoteHow hot is it?

Between 95-100 in my part of Tennessee

Reminds me of a Johnny Carson joke:  "It was so hot, I saw two trees fighting over a dog!"
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Greg G.

I'm going to try some of the White Magic soon.  GF is in Victoria BC visiting her folks, I asked her to get me some while she was there.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Brinybay on December 30, 2011, 12:28:01 AM
I'm going to try some of the White Magic soon.  GF is in Victoria BC visiting her folks, I asked her to get me some while she was there.

Oh sure, leave us Canadians wondering about you Americans again. Your GF shows up at the beauty supply place in Victoria shopping for her boyfriend's Christmas present .....

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_collector on December 30, 2011, 11:26:03 AM
Quote from: Brinybay on December 30, 2011, 12:28:01 AM

Oh sure, leave us Canadians wondering about you Americans again. Your GF shows up at the beauty supply place in Victoria shopping for her boyfriend's Christmas present .....

Terry

He he, took me a second to get it, lol!
- Mike Row
e