News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AEco US Navy Type B rebuild... Will AE dial hookup with WE 425B network?

Started by seadog, August 29, 2016, 02:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadog

Trying to rebuild WW2 AE type B ships phone. It has nothing but the original dial...see photos...I have a WE 425B net and thinking of using it..but dont know how to hookup with original AE dial...the original dial fits perfectly into the phone box...any ideas ?

Jim Stettler

Contact Steve Hilsz. Not only does he repair dials , but he is very knowledgeable regarding ship Phones.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dsk

The diagram in your telephone is equal to the AE40, but you are missing the induction coil and wants to replace it with WE 425B.
Yes that should be no problem. Ill edit this post with a suitable diagram based on WE 500

Looks like the hooksw missing. You may use just a microswitch and bypass the other contact set.
dsk

seadog

Thanks so much for the awesome diagram and information on rebuilding this old USN Monophone...with WE425B net...I really appreciate the help and your information is going to make this project more fun then it already is...

HarrySmith

That will be one nice phone once it's restored. I second the idea to contact Steve Hilsz, I would not be surprised if he has all the parts you need, all NOS!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

dsk

If Steve has all the parts, the phone will be more like original, and the the circuit originally used works well.  The 425B network are still slightly better, by theory, but I can not hear it with my ears.

dsk