"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New guy from New York City

Started by Godfather367, November 26, 2014, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godfather367

Hello All,

My name is Anthony and I'm from Staten Island, New York.

My obsession with rotary phones started a few years back when my wife was watching The Brady Bunch, she saw the green rotary 500 they used on the set and she said "I would like to have one of those phones". So off I went to eBay, and the rest is history!

I currently have installed in my kitchen a pink 554 which I restored, and we use every day. In the living room, we have a rust colored trimline.

I am currently working on another pink 554 that I picked up at an estate sale. I am just about done, with the exception of the receiver, I didn't notice the crack in it and I'm currently in search of a replacement.

Also in my collection is a Federal Tel & Tel wall phone from what I estimate the 1920's, and I just won my first 302 on eBay, looking forward to receiving that!
The first three pictures are of the pink 554 I'm working on
The fourth is the pink 554 in my kitchen
The fifth is the rust color Trimline
The sixth is the Federal Tel & Tel
Anthony -
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ATCA 4719
<center><a href="http://atcaonline.com/"></center>

WesternElectricBen

Welcome Anthony, you look to have a really nice collection.

The telephone discoloration restoration looks really good, too.

Ben

dsk

Mr. Bones

Welcome, Anthony!

We're glad to have you here. It looks like you're off to a great start with your collection, and you have come to the right place for any tips, tricks, and info regarding telephones.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your restoration work, and your collection.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Phonesrfun

Welcome, Anthony, you have come to a great place, and it looks like you are well on your way to a great collection.
-Bill G

Godfather367

Thank you for the warm welcome, guys! Here's my newest addition and I have another on the way. This one has a metal body, it's my first 302.
Anthony -
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ATCA 4719
<center><a href="http://atcaonline.com/"></center>

HarrySmith

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum. Looks like some nice work on the restorations. I am sure someone here has a pink G handset to replace your cracked one, I just checked my handset box and I do not have a pink one.
I feel compelled to issue a warning here, Phoneitis is an incurable and progressive disease. You may be early enough in the progression with only 4 phones to escape now! If not you will be spending all your time and money on phones, different models, all colors, different manufacturers etc, etc. Maybe some signs or special phone tools. Phone directories, technical papers, ads. The list goes on & on. You will end up needing a bigger place to put them all! Just take a look at the collection views topic if you doubt me!
Kidding aside, you have found the best forum on the web and the greatest people willing to help with anything at any time!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"