News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring "spade connectors" on my 2500 -- Proper connections?

Started by JDAugie, May 12, 2017, 09:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDAugie

First off, I am new to this and am not really a collector.  I have a 2500 (I think) that I had in use in my wood shop.  My wife runs the HS drama department club and borrowed my phone for a period show.  The crew guys removed the line in wires (4) and now that I have it back, I can't figure out where to restore them.  Attached is a photo of the terminal block.  Any suggestions.

jsowers

The green wire goes to L1, which is the second terminal from the left in your picture. Red goes to L2, which is third from the left. Try making a call and if you can't break dial tone, you can try reversing those two wires. Yellow, if present, can just be taped up or put on a G terminal, which is fourth from the left.

Welcome to the Forum!
Jonathan

JDAugie

Thank you so much for the quick reply!!  I am away from home for a graduation ceremony this weekend but I will try it when I return on Monday.  I will confirm the results after that.  Again, Thanks for the help.

JDAugie

Again, Thanks for the quick reply.  I made the connections this morning and everything seems to work fine.  Thanks!!

jsowers

I'm glad it worked for you. Thanks for reporting back. Your picture helped a lot with the troubleshooting because inside these phones can have many different configurations.
Jonathan