News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

adding a adjunct dial pad

Started by Babybearjs, November 25, 2018, 04:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, as I had shared earlier, I was successful in adding a rotary dial to a 2564 Telephone. I now discovered how to add a 1035C keypad to a rotary phone, sadly though.... it can only be done on newer phones... My example is an ITT 564 from the 1980s. I had to match up the TT keypad wiring to the 5 pair cable... all pairs got used except got the slate pair which is designated as spares. but I was able to get the dial wired and tested. the reason I'm posting this is that I was hoping to be able to use an ITT 564 from '59 only to discover that the "C" terminal is soldiered and  that makes it impossible to add a TT dial to an older unit unless you are willing to desolder the connection and tap the hole for a 4-40 terminal screw. not to mention that you have to spade the Brown-Slate wire and its cut to only reach to the "C" terminal. (unless you want to splice in some more wire) on the newer phones, they actually added a screw to the "C" terminal making the newer phones more adaptable. the ITT phones use the newer circuit boards so adding an adjunct dial is easier. I'll post pictures in a few days.
John