"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE mini network wiring

Started by Nessie, August 18, 2016, 11:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie

Hi,
I'm new to collecting old telephones & just started to wire them. I have a question about wiring an AE mini network in an old intercom.  I made the following connections:  Yellow to 1 receiver wire,  White to 1 side of hook switch, Pink to L1, Green to 1 transmitter wire, Blue to the other receiver & transmitter wires, L2 to the other side of the switch hook.  The phone seems to be working but the transmitter volume seems to be low.  I am using a T1.

Is this the best way to make these connections or is there a better way to do this?  Thanks

dsk

Hi, and Welcome.
The circuit of the mini network is like this:

Red and Black are connected together and one of them should be wired to the common wire for receiver and transmitter.
The blue is an option used on some exchanges to identify who is calling on a shared line.

Except for that it sounds right.

dsk

unbeldi

Quote from: Nessie on August 18, 2016, 11:12:32 AM
Hi,
I'm new to collecting old telephones & just started to wire them. I have a question about wiring an AE mini network in an old intercom.  I made the following connections:  Yellow to 1 receiver wire,  White to 1 side of hook switch, Pink to L1, Green to 1 transmitter wire, Blue to the other receiver & transmitter wires, L2 to the other side of the switch hook.  The phone seems to be working but the transmitter volume seems to be low.  I am using a T1.

Is this the best way to make these connections or is there a better way to do this?  Thanks

Well, what are you connecting the "intercom" to ?

Here is the circuit of an AE N205 board, with the location of the transmitter and receiver indicated.

[PS: diagram adjusted to clearly show transmitter and receiver connections.]

Jack Ryan

Quote from: unbeldi on August 18, 2016, 12:46:57 PM
Here is the circuit of an AE N205 board, with the location of the transmitter and receiver indicated.

Another nice circuit representation Unbeldi.

Just a suggestion: The proximity of the blue terminal to the transmitter may confuse some.

Regards
Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on August 18, 2016, 07:39:07 PM
Another nice circuit representation Unbeldi.
Thanks!

Just a suggestion: The proximity of the blue terminal to the transmitter may confuse some.
Quite possibly so.   Not sure where to put it, perhaps to the right, but that seemed odd too.

[PS: diagram adjusted to clearly show transmitter and receiver connections.]

Jack Ryan

Quote from: unbeldi on August 18, 2016, 09:21:41 PM
Quite possibly so.   Not sure where to put it, perhaps to the right, but that seemed odd too.

Perhaps just add a light dotted connection for the transmitter & receiver.

Jack

Nessie