Main Menu

Trick or Treat?

Started by Craig T, October 31, 2009, 10:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

Trick?  ???

Phonesrfun

Wecome to the forum.

What does the rest of the $1.00 phone look like?
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Well, it depends what is attached to the sticker. ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Craig T

or Treat!  ;D

Craig T

I have been lurking for months on the forums, great stuff. I have 30-40 phones in my collection. I have one older than this, no '49 I am afraid. I was clenching my teeth hoping this one was, no complaints of course. No cracks, just dusty really. The handset is sunbaked on the top, but should sand out.

I was down on all fours disconnecting this from the wall. I have scissors, NO NO, I have a screwdriver handy thank you  :P. I thought there was a crack in the center, but it is just a piece of an old phone # sticker on top, WHEW! The handset is a G1, but the top earpiece (the bottom would not unscrew) says 1960 inside. Just under the edge of the front the yellow date can be seen on the base 9 10 54.

So needs a good cleaning and some work on the top of the handset, just about perfect though, even on the bottom. One of the best original condition phones I have.

Briny I get a kick out of you, so feel free to tell me you hate me right off the get go.  I left the sticker on it just for you  ;)   ;D

Phonesrfun

Craig, that is a great find!  A buck!  wow.

Does it work OK?

-Bill
-Bill G

Craig T

Quote from: Phonesrfun on October 31, 2009, 11:04:56 PM
Craig, that is a great find!  A buck!  wow.

Does it work OK?

-Bill

Yes sir, she still had it hooked up when I went in the house  :o

Crazier than that, this sat  for weeks and no one bought it ???  unreal.  The other one I have is a '53. That is the oldest one I have, real nice shape too, but not quite like this one. The dial bezel is cloudy or baked on that one, hopefully another one that will sand, otherwise excellent.

The dial works smooth even after all these years, click click click click CHING  ;D

Thanks for having me aboard everybody!

Phonesrfun

Must have been an estate sale.  You don't normally go to someone's house and see a price tag on their phones.
-Bill G

McHeath

Welcome and great find Craig T.  A buck is a steal for any old phone, but especially for such a nice early one. 

Phonesrfun

Back to the original question, I vote for "Treat".
-Bill G

Craig T

Quote from: Phonesrfun on October 31, 2009, 11:13:44 PM
Must have been an estate sale.  You don't normally go to someone's house and see a price tag on their phones.

Everything in my house is for sale Bill, come by some time  ;D

It was just a rummage sale. I had been there before 1 or 2 years ago, but nothing in the house was for sale then. This guy saved everything (his sister was hosting the sale) and had lots of that junky type treasure from the 30s and 40s. Separable attachment plugs (for fans), old fans, furnishings, etc. I was in heaven of course. Many folks around here call that stuff and this phone JUNK, thank goodness for ignorance and for the throw away generation.

JorgeAmely

An old 500 for a buck. That is a cool treat. Welcome to the madness Craig.  :) :) :)
Jorge

bwanna

very nice treat, craig ;D

welcome!

donna

Dan/Panther

Welcome to our forum, Craig T, that sounds very familar.
You didn't use to be a coach did you ? :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 01, 2009, 12:13:11 AM
Welcome to our forum, Craig T, that sounds very familar.
You didn't use to be a coach did you ? :o
D/P

You got me, anyone want me to sign their phone, lol.   :P