News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Premier push button ?2500?

Started by benkeys, February 14, 2013, 03:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benkeys

I picked up a 1992 Premier push button phone today at Goodwill for 3.00. I'm pretty sure its the same as a WE 2500. I figured i could go wrong for 3.00. It was made in china, but hey i cant expect much other then that for 3.00. It sounds like it has a decent ringer in it and has a REN of 1.0.. Now i have 3 REN 1 phones hooked up. I cant remember the limit but i have to be getting close. I snapped a few pics of the inside and out.. and yes it is poop brown... lol..
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

HowardPgh

Such a deal!
Can't go wrong for $3.00.
I have a gray one like that, it works quite well.
Howard

benkeys

Really? i figured about 5.00 would be top dollar for something like this.
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

JohnInWI

I beleive that 5 phones on one line is the limit for the REN.  Any more than that may cause problems (phones may not ring).

Phonesrfun

Quote from: benkeys on February 14, 2013, 03:11:17 AM
Now i have 3 REN 1 phones hooked up. I cant remember the limit but i have to be getting close.

On a regular phone line 5.0 is the stated limit by the phone company, but actual results may vary.  If you are using an internet phone service that gets its dial tone through an Analog Terminal Adapter (ATA) such as Comcast, Vonage or others, the ATA box might not deliver enough ringing current to power 5 legacy ringers.
-Bill G

benkeys

I have time warner, where the dial tone is generated by a modem.