News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Yard sale stuff

Started by oldguy, May 16, 2016, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I found these at a yard sale Saturday. nothing special, but I haven't found anything at yard sales lately. I almost didn't post this, after the fun everybody had with Larry :-) Also I don't remember ever seeing "dial 3333 for an emergency"? That sticker was on the 2500.
Gary

AE_Collector

Well I think those Mickey phones are about the most desirable versions of quite a few out there.

My guess would be that the black 2500 was a PBX station, possibly a Direct In Dial extension since it only has a 7 digit number listed. This phone round be station 6905. 3333 would be an Emergency Number within the Business using the PBX system. But this is just a guess based on things I have seen on large PBX's before.

Terry

DavePEI

That is one of the better old Mickey phones. I have one in the Museum, and it is the same style, only the old dial version of the same style. I am not partial to the later trimline style Mickeys.... Of course if I had a Jim Beam Mickey, I would love it :-)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Pourme

Quote from: DavePEI on May 17, 2016, 05:54:59 AM
That is one of the better old Mickey phones. I have one in the Museum, and it is the same style, only the old dial version of the same style. I am not partial to the later trimline style Mickeys.... Of course if I had a Jim Beam Mickey, I would love it :-)

A "Jim Beam Micky" sounds like a completely different thread.....sorry, couldn't resist....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

LarryInMichigan

This must be Mickey Mouse month :).  Perhaps I am not quite as insane as I thought (or I am not the only one who is).  I gave my Mickey a good cleaning last night and reassembled him this morning.  He works well.

Larry

oldguy

Nice Larry and yes, just ask any of our wives if we are a little insane and they will confirm it for you ;)
Gary

LarryInMichigan

BTW, I already had a conversation on my Mickey Mouse phone this morning, and the other party had no idea ;).

Larry

LarryInMichigan

A few weeks ago, a friend who called me told me that I sounded like a cartoon character when I answered with my SC 1211.  I will have to wait to talk with him on the Mickey.

Larry

Fabius

Enough already. This thread has gotten pretty Mickey Mouse. Next thing you know it will get Goofy.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 17, 2016, 09:46:01 AM
BTW, I already had a conversation on my Mickey Mouse phone this morning, and the other party had no idea ;).

Larry
The only insane part would be if you said you had a conversation WITH your Mickey Phone. ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Babybearjs

I've got a Mickey.... trying to find Kermit at a low price is the hard thing.....
John

oldguy

I really enjoyed the muppets show & the movies.
Gary

19and41

If you can't have fun with Mickey Mouse, who can you have fun with?  Mickey's squeaky voice was the boss man himself.  I don't think Walt suffered much ribbing.  :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke