News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

White 500 Set all Dated Match 9/67

Started by Doug Rose, June 12, 2016, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan and I were at an estate sale yesterday and I was in the basement. It was dark and in the corner I see a phone. It is covered with sh*t. Filthy. I pick up the handset, no dial tone. Okay....I yank the line cord out of the wall....three tries it was in there and bring it upstairs.

"It would be $5, but I don't even know what color it is $2bucks." This guy has been sitting there for close to 50 years. All parts match and its white. Maybe need a little buff, but its white!!

Birthday phone!! Who is ready to turn 49 in September...Doug
Kidphone

compubit

Nice!

I just found a transmitter manufactured on my 1st birthday (10/10/67).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

b3tamax11

Very nice! Seems like the phone being in a basement for a long time spared it the awful yellowing a lot of white sets end up with.

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, that's the month and year of my Mom's birthday!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

oldguy

Since Christen is trying to make you feel old, I will make you feel young. That's the month after I started college :)
Gary

Jim Stettler

It's the month I started 1st grade. My school had a red emergency phone mounted out front and I already had gotten to play with a teletrainer Rotary and 10 button) in kindergarten.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.