News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need a re-Key...Jody Harleson contact needed

Started by Robgirard64, May 27, 2018, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robgirard64

Good morning and thanks for the add to the forum.

I have an automatic electric pay phone and have a key and lock issue.  The lock is now free from the machine thanks to a post on the forum.  Someone mentioned Jody is the locksmith wizard that possibly can make my key and lock work.

Can someone please point me in the direction of how to contact Jody Harleson so I can send him this lock?

Thank you

TelePlay

Quote from: Robgirard64 on May 27, 2018, 12:11:01 PM
Good morning and thanks for the add to the forum.

I have an automated electric pay phone and have a key and lock issue.  The lock is now free from the machine thanks to a post on the forum.  Someone mentioned Jody is the locksmith wizard that possibly can make my key and lock work.

Can someone please point me in the direction of how to contact Jody Harleson so I can send him this lock?

Thank you

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

Jody Harleson is unavailable for anything related to restoring telephones now and for some time to come. His web site went down about a year, maybe two ago. As of this time, I don't think there are any other places to get keys made for an existing lock, or to fit a key to an existing lock. Other members may know of a source.

Since you got the lock out, if it is a standard lock (29S for example), single keys can be found on eBay. If yours is a serial number vault lock/key, you most likely will have to find/buy another lock with a key.

AE_Collector

Welcome to the forum!

As John says, if a three slot phone and upper housing lock standard keys are easy to get. Three slot lowers and Single Slot uppers and lowers are usually easier to replace the lock and keys once you are in.

I have AE Single Slot lowers housing locks with keys available and have seen listings by others with other locks and keys available. A picture or description of the AE Phone will narrow this down quickly. 

Terry