"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE "Bracket" Monophone

Started by stub, March 25, 2012, 11:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Hi Everybody,
                   Mr. Vern Potter and I are looking for more info on this phone- AE Bracket Monophone. All the AE Catalogs , that I have looked at , show the same information. Does anyone have one they could post pictures of? As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!!   stub   CRPF   TCI
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Wow, I have never seen one of those.  Has Vern seen one? 
-Bill G

stub

Bill,
      Vern told me he has not seen a REAL one.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on March 26, 2012, 01:08:36 AM
As opposed to a FAKE one?

Correct. Vern is in the process of making one....a "fake" one.

Any news on a phone show in Seattle yet Bill?

Terry

Phonesrfun

I have some feelers out on getting a cheaper venue.  Hopefully I will hear back this week.

-Bill G

Vern P

It is  NICE that Bill is working on his show, yes I would like to go, but to far at this time of year.

But what I want to know IS, Who knows what about the Bracket phone, that this started with ????? Or does any one have or seen a real one ??

Vern P

stub

Well nobody else has one, so I'll make my own like Vern did ;D.  Here is what I have. I need to get a few other parts and this will be done.  Yes it is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy.  More pics when finished....     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

There is an AE bracket on eBay, I spotted it last night but did not save it. No phone but a complete bracket assembly.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

stub

HarrySmith ,
                   Yeah, I saw it. Vern is sending some more parts to the bracket assembly.  Thanks,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Here's the latest work on this phone.  What would look better black or brown cloth cords?  I think for now I will use the R  C network ( cheater subset) . I still need to get the wall mounting bracket, ringer & induction coil subset in the AE metal wall box and 2 shorter 10/24 bracket bolts.   Later,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Black would look nice, but brown looks good too.  Does the catalog say how one of these was originally configured?
-Bill G

Doug Rose

Stub....really an outstanding job. Looks like the real deal to me.....Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug -  Thanks

Bill ,
      It comes in LB and CB. This is all the info I can find on this phone in the Am E and AE catalogs.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Did you get this phone completely finished Ken?

With code number 1902 do you think it is a "Type 19"? That coding/model number relationship held true for other AE phones in this time frame I believe.

I have never seen or heard of one of these AE phones before. Someone must have one in their collection!

Terry