News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 80 Dial cover

Started by debeaune, January 04, 2015, 01:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debeaune

All, how doI remove this cover, assume there is a screw underneath to take the finger dial off but how do I take off the cover over the screw?  Thanks.

TelePlay

Is there a small hole between the "6" and the number card? If so, try this link

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8943.msg95809#msg95809

stub

debeaune,
                 Here's a pic - The left one is what John was talking about , the other you have to remove the stick on number card or cut a small + on the cover to remove the screw .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

TelePlay

Quote from: stub on January 04, 2015, 03:24:07 PM
debeaune,
                 Here's a pic - The left one is what John was talking about , the other you have to remove the stick on number card or cut a small + on the cover to remove the screw .  stub

Ken, I think you're right. I couldn't tell from the picture if the number card was crumpled under the plastic or coming loose as in the stick on type. Looked like a small hole at the "6", maybe, but then, the rings didn't right for the pin hole type finger wheel. Unless we hear back from differently debeaune, I'll agree with you and go with the stick on type, making the finger wheel easier to remove.

Replacing the number card would be a bit more difficult. What does one use, what would work best, to stick a repro replacement number card on that fingerwheel?