News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red 1964 GPO 706L

Started by FABphones, November 07, 2022, 09:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

I have been umming and ahhing for a while as to whether to get a red 706. I spotted this one and it fitted all the nice criteria so it has joined the collection.

Dated 1964, original matching red fingerwheel and original line cord still attached to it's red GPO wall terminal. The dialcard is correct for the age and I believe original to the phone as underneath it I found an earlier version with the same exchange and phone number (blanked out on images).

The main work on this phone was removing old gloss paint from the line cord and terminal. The terminal box also had an unpleasant dark sticky gloop embedded in its nooks and crannies.

The dialcard is not the immediate predecessor of the dialcard on the phone. Curious to guess what phone the subscribers might have (directly?) upgraded from in order to have that older style dialcard without the version in between. Both cards show same exchange name (first three letters capitalised) and four digit telephone number. Any thoughts?

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Kidphone

tubaman

Very nice!
You realise that now you have a red one you'll soon be looking at ivory and topaz and concord blue and green and grey (assume you already have black?).
You won't be able to help yourself (I couldn't  ::) )!

RDPipes

Real pretty phone ya got there CJ, and even came with a matching mouse.
Reminds me of an AE80 a little.