News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Italian Siemens Phone

Started by HobieSport, June 06, 2009, 07:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Well, just when I thought I'd stop acquiring phones for awhile this one came up today, and I had always wanted a Siemens phone of the old German or Italian style.  It was $90 for Buy It Now but they accepted my offer of $45.  A bit pricey for me but a welcome addition to my collection of mid century international phones.

It has no chips or cracks, but I won't know what year it was made (in Milano, Italy) until it arrives.  I'm not sure what the two screw holes on the front are for.  Perhaps a name-plate of some kind?
-Matt

Steve

That looks like something from a swanky hotel lobby. not bad for $45 bucks.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

McHeath

Once you hook it up, don't press the white button no matter what!  It will unleash 1.1 jigawatts of power and send you back to the future!   :o

Nice looking phone. 

foots

I looked at one like this but it had a crack on one side of it so I passed. I like the looks of those. As far as the holes in the front, I "think" there is supposed to be a thing on the front that has a little white card for a phone number, though I may be wrong.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

Foots I also saw that Siemens phone on Ebay with the chip off the side, and they still wanted over a hundred bucks BIN or best offer, so I also pasted it by.

McHeath I think the white button actually connects the caller directly to Mussolini's ghost.  Or was it Fellini?  Or better yet, Giulietta Masina or Sophia Loren. ;)

Warning:  racy picture of Sophia Loren on phone:
-Matt

Steve

Glad to see you back Matt. I missed your racy photos ( insert eyebrow smiley here)
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

HobieSport

Thanks Steve, I have a million of 'em. ;D
-Matt

Steve

Thanks Matt. they don't make 'um like that anymore.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

AET

Yeah, you're telling me, I wish the new models were built like that!
- Tom

HobieSport

Marilyn Monroe on a telephone.  What better a combination could there ever be?
Well, besides Cindy, of course.
-Matt

Steve

Cant go wrong with Marilyn, but Sofia is everymans dream come true in that clip. Cindy aint bad, shes just drawn that way :)
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

HobieSport

Audrey ain't too shabby either.  What this has to do with Italian Telephones I'll never know, but who cares? ;)
-Matt

Steve

What movie is that clip of Sofia from? she did a movie called the dolphin? I believe it was, what a hottie! ever see the rose tattoo? I know its not Sofia, but it reminded me of that for some odd reason.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

That second photo reminds me of why it's great to be a man. it just oozes sexuality, without being vulgar. thank you.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

I can picture Lauren calling Bogie on that phone. I wish she would call me :)

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,