News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 308 - Too many toys, too much spare time.

Started by Greg G., April 27, 2010, 11:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Finally got around to hooking up the PBX I got from Phonesrfun.  Really cool the way they ring in numerical sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILUvbF62yB4
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

McHeath

Clever.  These systems are beyond me at the moment, but I can see how they would be pretty fun.

stub

Brinybay ,
              Man , that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta get me one of them!!!!!!!!!!
  How many phones can it handle?  Is it easy to hook up and operate?  I'm afraid I might not be smart enough to drive it.       stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Greg G.

Quote from: stub1953 on April 28, 2010, 12:57:07 AM
Brinybay ,
              Man , that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta get me one of them!!!!!!!!!!
  How many phones can it handle?  Is it easy to hook up and operate?  I'm afraid I might not be smart enough to drive it.       stub

Hey, this is a piece of cake.  No installation instructions, so I just set it up by guess and by golly.  I just plugged the unit in, then plugged in the phone line to Com 1, and the phones to the ports.  Works great!  This one has 3 Com ports for lines, and 8 ports for phones, so I guess that's 3X8=24?  Not sure, I'd have to look in the users manual, but I'll never have that many hooked up.  Now I can just dial one of the 2-digit extensions to test a phone.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

JorgeAmely

Each of the extensions has enough juice to handle four phones, so theoretically, it is a 3x32 PBX.
Jorge

gpo706

Panasonic 308 (3 in 8 out), I got a 616 for less than the price of most 308's I seen on ebay, whoever had it had upgraded their office/company system and just wanted shot of the big lump. £40, £15 postage.

Power it up one incoming line and start plugging in everything you can lay your hands on.

Fantastic bit of kit, I dont know how I ever did without one.

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

Greg G.

- Mike Row
e

gpo706

Bb I dug up the page from the manual, lovingly recreated in Photoshop from 3 screen grabs.

You would need a programming phone with display, (only to change the settings) and have the TT and your initial dial phone on the same extension through a splitter.

I just set mine from "pulse" (default), to "tone" and the dial phones work fine throught it as the PBX automatically grabs the pulse and clicks it out.

I was using the 7130E on a TT menu and it didn't work as the PBX was on default pulse, now I've changed the settings all OK on those interminable menus.

Now I need to track down a 2500 to use for TT services, the Panasonic is on the desk but its not really in keeping is it?

HobieSport

Hi Everyone, I'm Back.

Okay, I'm still trying to get my Panasonic 308 PBX to work.

First of all, do I have to have the "programing phone" to make sure that it is working on pulse and not tone?  I don't have the Panasonic programing phone that goes with the 308 and I hope that I don't need one for now.

And does the unit need to be plugged into a working phone line to work?
(I don't have a phone line at home...rather ironic, eh?)

All I need/want to do it use the PBX box to be able to plug one phone into another phone to test various dial phones for the ringers and reception and such.

Thanks in advance,
-Matt
Oh yeah, and Happy New Year Everyone!
-Matt

Doug Rose

Welcome back Matt....I have a 616 with no programming phone. Pull the strap on the battery and it will come back default programming with pulse dialing on all extensions. You can have up to 4 phones per extension. These are invaluable....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

I have one (programming phone) but I got it after the fact.  I think it's only really needed if you're doing a full-bore office setup with it.  I just plugged the PBX in, ran the line in to one port and a few phones on the extensions.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

Thanks Guys,

I'll try unplugging the battery to return all the programing to default/pulse.

Also, will the PBX work without being plugged into an outside line? I actually have no phone service at home to plug into and all I really need the PBX for is to test my phones "offline", as it were.

-Matt
-Matt

gpo706

Matt - you don't need an POTS line for it to work, its works fine as a stand-alone internal switchboard.

Enjoy.