Bond.............JAMES Bond

Started by Dennis Markham, May 25, 2009, 12:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Ah it's easy, see Xuchimatzatzin rhymes with,

uh,

well,

nothing really. 

But it does have 5 syllables and once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy, even kind of a fun one to rattle off nice and fast.   

When I lived in Haiti the folks could not pronounce "Heath" for the life of them, they simply don't have those sound combinations.  So I just had them call me "John".

Ellen

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Ellen on May 29, 2009, 08:17:57 PM
Choo-chee-mah-tsah-tsin?

Ellen;
I  think you are basically right, but doesn't the X have the "ha", or "eh" sound ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

I'm voting for an "sh" sound.  That's the way it is in Peru, where "Xtabay" is pronounced "SHTA-bay."
= DARRIN =

Ellen

My friend from Catalunya brings us T-shirts from the Kukuxumusu company.
Also Turra Xocolatl.  (Delicious!)

Dan/Panther

Oaxaca, Mexico, is pronounced "Whoa Ha Ka", and Texas is pronounced "Tee Haas"
I'm not a linguist, I just happen to have ended up in the Spanish speaking Capitol of the world, So. California. So I don't know except for a couple examples.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

gpo706

When I worked for the local authority housing department I had a call from a bloke checking his application called James Bond, I though It was a wind-up till I pulled his file.

He was born in 1952, well afore the other Bond, poor bloke.

We also had a Horatio Nelson, who fancied himself as a bit of an artist and specified a "studio" room with northern light through the windows.

The there was the poor lass named Penny Lane well after the Beatles tune...

And some wind up names like Hugh Jarse or Phil McCracken and his pal Ivor Biggun...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

AE_Collector

Hey, we missed the 50th Anniversary of the release of the first James Bond film "Doctor No" on October 5, 1962!

http://www.jamesbondwiki.com/page/Dr.+No

Brief Synopsis:
James Bond flies to Jamaica to investigate the disappearance of fellow agent John Strangways.While there Bond investigates an interference with American space launches. On the island of Crab Key, Bond and Honey Ryder find the answer to the mystery and come face to face with the diabolical Dr. No.

Release Date:
October 5, 1962

Plot:
The toppling (throwing a missile of course with a radio beam) of U.S. space launches.

Box Office Results:
$59.5 million

Awards/Nominations:
1964: Laurel Awards-Top Action Drama (2nd place)

Running Time:
1 hour, 51 minutes

Gadgets:
Bookcase Transmitter
Geiger Counter
Cyanide Cigarette

Greg G.

Some interesting stuff on that web page, e.g. Ursula Andress' voice was dubbed due to her thick Swiss accent.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e