News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

USPS Shenanigans

Started by Sargeguy, May 14, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Harrys package has been found, is waiting for him at the local PO for him as I write.
Good luck Harry, let us know... Please.
UPDATE: Harry finally got his package!
After two cases of complaint, who knows how many post offices its over.
KEN

HarrySmith

Finally is right. I had to go to the local post office to pick it up today. 9 trips between Ft. Laucerdale & Opa Locka.
Here is the final tracking history:
Tracking History
September 15, 2020, 11:33 am
Available for Pickup
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33309
Your item arrived at the FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33309 post office at 11:33 am on September 15, 2020 and is ready for pickup.
September 5, 2020, 6:55 pm
Forwarded
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
September 5, 2020, 6:05 am
Arrived at Post Office
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33310
September 4, 2020, 9:06 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33310
September 3, 2020, 3:34 pm
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 3, 2020, 3:31 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
September 2, 2020, 10:57 am
Departed USPS Facility
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33334
September 2, 2020, 6:33 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
September 1, 2020, 6:30 pm
September 1, 2020, 10:43 am
Departed USPS Facility
August 31, 2020, 2:47 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
August 31, 2020, 2:21 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33351
August 31, 2020, 1:36 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
August 30, 2020, 1:30 am
August 29, 2020, 11:23 am
Departed USPS Facility
August 29, 2020, 3:44 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
August 29, 2020, 2:59 am
August 28, 2020, 9:39 pm
August 28, 2020, 11:23 am
Departed USPS Facility
August 27, 2020, 8:13 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
August 27, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
HOMESTEAD, FL 33031
August 26, 2020, 10:00 pm
August 26, 2020, 8:18 pm
August 26, 2020, 10:30 am
Departed USPS Destination Facility
HOMESTEAD, FL 33032
August 26, 2020, 7:47 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
HOMESTEAD, FL 33032
August 26, 2020, 4:57 am
MIAMI FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 26, 2020, 3:48 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
HIALEAH, FL 33014
August 26, 2020, 3:17 am
August 26, 2020, 3:12 am
August 25, 2020, 5:48 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HOMESTEAD, FL 33032
August 24, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
HOMESTEAD, FL 33031
August 23, 2020, 6:36 pm
August 23, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
August 21, 2020, 11:56 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
NASHUA NH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 21, 2020, 4:04 pm
Departed Post Office
MELVIN VILLAGE, NH 03850
August 21, 2020, 10:53 am
USPS in possession of item
MELVIN VILLAGE, NH 03850
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

Very rarely does FedEx deliver my packages without some sort of trip deviation.  Anymore, thePost Office won't even give any info on partner shipments that has disappeared into FedEx's backwards worm hole.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

This all happened because the N.H. post office messed up 1 digit in the zip code. Instead of 33311 he entered  33301.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Rick, in town said its fat finger syndrome, he ment to hit the 1 but hit zero and didnt check to make sure before he hit done.
But hes got an ear full about that now.
Im glad this is over.
KEN

TelePlay

Here's a new one to me.

Small items, less than 2 ounces total, purchased shipped from Chicago to be shipped to the Milwaukee area, Wisconsin.

Purchased on 9/10 and shipped on 9/11 via some bulk discount shipping service (USPS Partner = JET E-Commerce Logistic Inc)

Didn't move for 7 days but today the partner finally handed it off to the USPS -- IN QUEENS, NY!    Duh!  :o

How efficient, Chicago IL to New York NY to Milwaukee WI . . . I could have driven to Chicago in about an hour and an hour back if they offered customer pickup, they didn't. I'd have paid $3 in shipping to have them throw it in a first class thick envelope to me directly. Guess it's cheaper to ship an item if it has to get further away from the destination (by 1,000 miles) before it gets closer to the destination.

Key2871

Post office goes from bad to are you kidding??
KEN

Doug Rose

USPS has never lost a package for us

Bill is our guy, delivers my phones (packages) first thing on his shift. If he has a pickup, same thing...first thing. No chance for the porch pirates. Janet has his cell number.

Sara is his backup and equally pleasant and efficient.

Before Bill, we had Jimmy. Another great guy, always looked out for us.

Just my humble opinion...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Key2871 on September 18, 2020, 08:05:01 PM
Post office goes from bad to are you kidding??

I can't blame the post office on this one, it was the seller's use of a bulk mail low cost company to pick up the package at their warehouse and take it to a USPS post office that was the problem. Why they had to take it to New York to give it to a post office when there are hundreds in Chicago to do the same thing is the crazy part.

Key2871

Well im down one so far, because the clerk at the window took the package that was supposed to be shipped to me priority, but never ran the package though the system, now it's lost some where.
I got my money back but I wanted what was in the package.
So now the seller is out product and im still out the product.

I wasnt aware that other companies send bulk and take the stuff to the post office.
So every aspect is about the money and nothing else.
At least thats the way i see it.
KEN

TelePlay

Quote from: Key2871 on September 19, 2020, 12:54:42 PM
I wasnt aware that other companies send bulk and take the stuff to the post office.
So every aspect is about the money and nothing else.
At least thats the way i see it.

Hadn't heard of Jet-E before so did a google on them. What I found makes more sense. The item I bought was, I thought it was, in Chicago and would ship from there. I selected US Seller only when doing my eBay search. It was shipped from Chicago the day after purchase.

Seems this was a deceptive eBay seller in that the item was somewhere in China and shipped on a China owned company (Jet-E Commerce Logistics) so the items left China and arrived a week later in New York, where they gave it to the USPS.

I paid a US price for the item, could have gotten it for half what I paid if I would have used a China honest seller. Didn't want to wait the time. Chicago to Milwaukee is a 3 day delivery worth the extra price.

Seller ID location says they are based in China, I forgot to check the seller ID for location before buying - my fault. To get around eBay and making them a US company, seller somehow marks shipment was from Chicago - deception eBay hasn't figured out how to stop yet.

So, purchase left China and got to New York in 7 days, not bad so must be some kind of expedited shipping - China purchases usually take 2 to 3 weeks to get to the US.

There are companies other than USPS, FedEx and UPS that will pick up an item and get it to the seller, usually delivering it to the USPS in the destination selling. Only adds a day or two to the delivery. Bulk forward companies that get a deal with the USPS for giving them sorted bulk shipments - saves the post office some time in sorting. Kind of like pre-sorted bulk mail pricing used by big mail advertisers to get lower rates. They have been

Lesson learned, and forgotten, is to check the eBay seller ID to see their location.

While I realize most of what is sold in the US by US sellers is made in China and it has a US mark up, I stopped buying directly from China (except when deceived) since they released that lab engineered virus.

So, my items went from China to Queens NY (probably the near-airport customs point) and in within a day of getting into the postal system moved from Queens to Flushing NY and then on to Cedar Grove New Jersey.

It may get here on Wednesday. No USPS shenanigans here, just a deceptive eBay seller.

Key2871

Oh yea, dont you hate that. I bought something supposed to come from the mid west, not the far east, but yup after four weeks and a slow boat from china, it made it to the west coast.. Another week (5 weeks) later I got it.
Was not happy, and they faulted the logistics dept for it.
I said if the truth were known from the start I would not have bought it. It wasnt worth the five week wait.
KEN

TelePlay

Quote from: TelePlay on September 19, 2020, 02:08:00 PM
So, my items went from China to Queens NY (probably the near-airport customs point) and in within a day of getting into the postal system moved from Queens to Flushing NY and then on to Cedar Grove New Jersey.

The item arrived a few weeks ago. eBay has this seller location problem but I doubt they care to fix it and I'm not taking the time to make them aware of it.

I was trying to buy from a US seller. Listing said it would ship from Chicago. Placed the order. It was shipped from China to New York where they put a US postal label on top of the Jet-E Commerce postage label and the US postal label had Chicago as the return address.

I've learned some time ago that when buying anything on eBay, it's always best to click on the seller handle and check their location but even some that give a US shipping location still ship from China.

Babybearjs

and once again they fail us.... got notification a package was to be delivered today...... the mailman NEVER SHOWED UP! I couldn't believe it.... we had this happen before.... I guess the post off doesn't follow their creed anymore....
John

Key2871

It really does stink when you think,your getting an item from the us, only to find many weeks later it shipped from China.
I suppose years ago that wasn't all that bad, but at the same time I think people were a bit more honest about actually where the item was originating.
Not so much anymore, people want the $$ so they will tell you what you expect to hear.
I've found out the hard way if it says it's shipping from Cedar Grove NJ it's actually coming from China, if its not NJ, it says Tennessee, or even Florida.
At the end of it all its shipped from China slowest way possible. And you've waited over a month to even see hope it's in the system and actually moving across the United States snail mail.
But there still are still a few on the bay that are honest and good sellers who actually tell you the truth when there is a snag in shipping. But even they are harder to find.
Well John don't despair if it's in the area of where you live it's just a matter of time before you get your stuff.
I've had tracking tell me it's due tomorrow and four weeks later it shows, sometimes it says three days and I get it that day. It's just a gamble.
KEN