News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Tin Can Sound

Started by Bingles, August 11, 2013, 08:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingles

Hi all!  I have an AE 40 and sometimes when I'm using it people complain it sounds like I'm talking into a tin can.  Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it just the nature of the technology from this period?

Thanks!

G-Man

The sound quality of that period is much superior to what most cellphones transmit and reproduce with today' technology.

That said, what type of service are you using it on; a traditional wired copper landline or VoIP?

How often does it occur?

Once we know the answers we can try to assess the problem in depth.

Bingles

I'm using an xlink... I don't hear complaints all that often, or perhaps they just don't tell me. hahaha - I never hear the complaint when I use my WE 202 though.

G-Man

Perhaps others may have a better answer but I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the A.E. 40.

Intermittent and tinny poor sound quality is not unusual with Bluetooth links.
If it were a consistent problem with that particular set then I would check the cords, etc. however I cannot think of anything to cause a tinny sound to be heard by the other party; especially since it is only a two-wire connection going into the XLINK box.

While you could change out the transmitter, I would not think it would be intermittently sounding "tinny."

I would also suspect you would be able to hear a change in the sidetone if it were originating on your side of the interface.

Bingles