News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Belguim Desk Phone

Started by Doug Rose, July 06, 2018, 11:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This just came on eBay and I grabbed it. In real tough shape, but I want to try to work on it

Do you think it came in this black dial/handset combination?  Thermoplastic looks very brittle and stuck on the base. 

Fingers crossed seller will follow my directions to pack....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Belgian-Rotary-Dial-Telephone-No-AD-52927-1-Black-Beige-Bakelite/323334080635

?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Kidphone

RB

That looks kinda frankinphone to me... but wut do I know? ???

FABphones

The handset shape I would say is Belgian, possibly also the dial, the body shape I have seen before - there is a similar model in France, and in Germany. That Caramac colour I have never seen on a phone. Ever.

Looking forward to the reveal on this one.  :)

ETA - just looked at the listing, is that company label written in Spanish?

Company in Peru?
https://elcomercio.pe/noticias/compania-peruana-de-telefonos
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Here's a black version of a very similar phone I used to have (sold a few year's ago).
:)

Doug Rose

Fab....is looks Spanish. I do think it is a two toned set, just how bad is the thermoplastic is my concern.

"Frankenphones"  are a mix of makers or incorrect parts. It is a term I try to avoid. This look real to me except the handset cord. I took a gamble...Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

Here is mine.Made in Belgium but used in Peru.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

I got the Phone today. I don't know what took so long as I bought it 24 hours ago  8) Seller was from RI and got it right out. Heat damage is severe and it has cracked and chipped see pic 6. I cannot remove the cover as it is bent outside the base,

I am still intrigued by the phone, which looks great if you are 5 feet away. I think it is the way it was sold, just too bad about where it was stored all these years.

Sometimes the Bear bite you!!
Kidphone

Pourme

~

I'd say it has "character".
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

dsk

This model was used by a few small phone companies, and as intercoms in Norway in the 50-ies, in black only, and just because it was low-cost.  Does actually look better than the more expensive Norwegian 1953 model.

dsk

280Parka

What happened to the original coiled beige cord?

Doug Rose

Benny.  I agree, just sure what I will do with it.

Cord was discolored,  cracked and  melted iin places. Looked better in pics. It was removed

Doug
Kidphone