News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice oldies still go for big bucks....

Started by Dan, February 11, 2012, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I was tempted on trying to get this one. I am too scared to use my avatar phone as a daily driver in my house. Wow!!! It went for big bucks. Way too rich for my blood.  Wonder what my mushroom would go for? Looks like someone paid big dollars for a beautiful mediterranean  blue 500.

http://tinyurl.com/7wxdq95 ( dead link 01-20-22 )
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jester

I was watching that one, too, and was equally amazed!  I did, however find something last Tuesday that takes a little of the sting out of this auction.

http://tinyurl.com/7dhptp8

It arrived today, & I was amazed to find it is a date matching "Black Dial" oxford gray 500!  The cords have been replaced, but I'm not being too picky for $50.00 plus shipping.
Stephen

Dennis Markham

My first response to both of the previous posts is WOW!

Stephen, you were definitely in the right place at the right time!  Looks like it had been listed about 45 minutes before you jumped on that.  Amazing.  That certainly qualifies as a candidate for Find of the Month for February!  I am GREEN with envy on that one.  Maybe you could start a new thread and post some photos of that phone from top to bottom, when you get time, please.

Dan, that Blue phone sold much higher than I would expect.  In fact I figured $200 and some change might take it.  I think someone bid a large amount to cover all bids and the other guy came along and jacked it up.  I could put six more of those on eBay and never get close to that sale price.   Looks like lightning struck twice.

HarrySmith

WOW! I saw that Blue one also and knew it would go over my reach. The buyer of that phone is not on our bidders list but has been buying a lot of high dollar phones recently. Maybe one of the usual deep pocket phone guys got a new account?
Nice socre on the Oxford Gray!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dan on February 11, 2012, 06:07:17 PM
Looks like someone paid big dollars for a beautiful mediterranean blue 500.

195bdwy AKA Dean G***Man

Terry

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HarrySmith

OK, guess I missed that when I checked the bidders list!
Thanks Terry.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Stephen:

That is  the cheapest Oxford Gray I have even seen on ebay. Consider yourself very lucky in snatching that one. I am sure you will show some under the hood pictures when it arrives to your home.

Aah, what a lucky guy!!!
Jorge

Snake

Quote from: Dan on February 11, 2012, 06:07:17 PM
I was tempted on trying to get this one. I am too scared to use my avatar phone as a daily driver in my house. Wow!!! It went for big bucks. Way too rich for my blood.  Wonder what my mushroom would go for? Looks like someone paid big dollars for a beautiful mediterranean  blue 500.

http://tinyurl.com/7wxdq95

Makes me feel even better about my soft yellow 500 I got for 5 bucks...  :o