News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

may sound a stupid question but any info on a company called fold a fone

Started by migette, October 14, 2009, 12:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

hi i am new to these forums living in london uk collect all sorts of things from good old bootsales junk markets flee markets. does anybody have info on a princess almost look a like phone fold a fone think i have the name correct as just bought on ebay and still to arrive if our post has not gone on strike yet. i used to work for the gpo now bt and got out in 1992 collected my first canadian northen telephone princess type from a place in fortwilliam ontario many years ago i was in my 20s then am now 65 i could go on and on but suffice to say if i can help with any answers i will we are all learning and collect not just us phones but from around the world as and where they turn up at the right price  peter

foots

Hello Peter, allow me to be the first in welcoming you to the forum. Unfortunately I don't know much about the fold-a-phone. By any chance could you post the ebay picture of it?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bingster

Welcome, Peter!  I've seen a couple such phones, and they're interesting.  If it's a phone from the US that was made after the early 1980s, it may be difficult to pin down anything about a manufacturer.  After December 1984, our Bell System lost the exclusive right to provide telephone sets, and hundreds of "off-brand" telephones flooded the market, most made in Asia.
= DARRIN =

bwanna

donna

migette

hi thanks for your replys and welcoming me to your group the phone has not arrived yet maybe held up in our postal srike which has been threatened, the plug on it is a 4 pronged and looks corroded the phone says made in usa as far as i remember from the picture will get this across to you when a freind knows how to do that it certainly does not look one of those from the far east. the plug should confirm that i think the dial looks like its metal not plastic and handset cord not modular seller said it came from an estate nr the houston space facility.....hope it turns up soon then can give you further info into it as to the cctry and components used   thanks again to you all  peter

migette

Sorry for not getting back to all you good people, my computer started playing up and finally gave out,now back in business. The phone arrived and photos were taken dated 1973, jap made very basic circuit on pcb dial copy of western in plastic still worked and basically in very good shape.H/s identical to 500 set without any name transmitter and receiver also similar, Have been looking on eBay and obtained w/e princess and ringerless starlite which i had a spare ringer also diagram very handy as it gave the resister values to get the dial to glow,used my 120v supply rather then 230 i would have had to work out what value resister to use. Does anyone know what kind of price the 102 and bell box sorry ringer goes for. Had a oval based for years with the wrong h/s and have only seen one other example some years ago here in uk. Lastly did s-c version of the princess ever had an internal ringer and/or tone ringer fitted as i have got one coming from eBay.Any comments welcome thanks    peter