Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

More '55 Med Blue Photos
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Awesome, the phone looks great!

I also like the picture with a couple phones from your collection, looks like you might want some shelves.

Ben

Mr. Bones

'55 Med Blue
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

'55 Med Blue
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WEBellSystemChristian

That beauty will "clean up nicely" (as I say way too often)!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dennis Markham

Nice phone, Mr. Bones!  I like the original dial card too. 

AE40FAN

Terrence,

Glad this phone has found It's way to someone who appreciates it as much as you do.  I'm sure it will get the royal treatment!

-Frank

Mr. Bones

Quote from: AE40FAN on April 07, 2014, 04:40:30 PM
Terrence,
Glad this phone has found It's way to someone who appreciates it as much as you do.  I'm sure it will get the royal treatment!
-Frank
Thanks again,Frank!

None of this would have been possible, with you, Sir! 8)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Received a couple more phones today. First, my very first Kellogg redbar. It appears (is stamped on baseplate) to be a model 1062. No ringer, just the interconnection block. The 1062 would seem to jibe with Page 11 in the 1948 Kellogg catalog, found here. $19.99.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

I also received a potential Parts D1.

Boy, is it ever 'Barn-Fresh! E1A handset, 1234 stamped in blue-green ink in RX cap. Can't (yet) get the TX cap, or the baseplate off of it. Didn't try very hard, it's beddy-bye time. ;) $40.99

I mostly bought it for the E1A handset, hookswitch and plunger,and the earlier (than I have) Apparatus Blank; it is more domed than the 82A-3's I currently have.

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

'55 Med Blue

Took it open tonight, to appraise condition. Nothing worse than some small dust-bunnies. Yay! Dates appear to largely match 10/55, except shell is a litttle later, perhaps a replacement for a broken one? Gotta love that Soft Plastic smell (whiff)! 8)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 08, 2014, 12:00:06 AM
...potential parts D1.
     E1A handset, 1234 stamped in blue-green ink in RX cap. Can't (yet) get the TX cap, or the baseplate off of it. $40.99
     I mostly bought it for the E1A handset, hookswitch and plunger,and the earlier (than I have) Apparatus Blank; it is more domed than the 82A-3's I currently have.

I managed to get the base plate off the D1, by loosening the screws part of the way, then gentle, repeated application of a 'base plate separator tool', ie.; an 8" piece of 1x4 oak scrap. ;) Avoided any pry marks, etc., that way... :D

The insides are remarkably pristine, despite my fears from viewing the outside. Base is marked I-32 in vermillion ink, making it, iirc, the 2nd oldest phone I have, next to my 151AL.

As it has a 4-conductor line cord, I'm guessing that it was (is) wired up in 202 configuration, for anti-sidetone operation. I'll have to check my resources to confirm this.

I'm not sure, yet, what the apparatus blank is...I saw 50x and 80x referenced in the BSP's I searched out on TCI, but no pics... time will tell... ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

poplar1

That's the correct apparatus blank for the D-1. 82A-3 has a terminal strip (not needed here) and also larger screws for the H-1 (302). Usually when you find an 82A-3 on a 202, it means they have enlarged the holes  designed for #4 screws so that they can use the wrong apparatus blank.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Mr. Bones

Quote from: poplar1 on April 10, 2014, 10:59:14 PM
That's the correct apparatus blank for the D-1.
Thanks, as always, for sharing your knowledge, David! I can't tell you how very much it is always appreciated.

What would be the correct nomenclature, for this correct apparatus blank for the D1's; I'm still a bit mystified... ???

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus