and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Possible cord board for grabs in DFW

Started by RB, April 20, 2018, 10:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Hi
Thot I would throw this out there.
I may be comming into a cord board. Woo Hoo!!!!!
Too bad I have no room for it.
Sooo... If there is someone in the DFW area interested in it, and willing to come get it, I will find out more.
But, before I spend any time, what would it be worth to you?
Thanks Rod

HarrySmith

I think the value to a collector would depend on model , completeness & condition. If it is a 555 style board that can be used & is in complete working condition I would pay $100.00 for it. If it is an answering service board such as 552 or something like that I would not be interested.
A little more information and some pictures would be great!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Yeah, thats what I thot too.
All I know so far, is that it was removed from someplace in fort worth, and stored in a building ever since.
I do not think it was stripped, just removed and stored after an upgrade to the building.

AE_Collector

And the older 551 style with key levers and cords on the desk top would be worth more than the newer 555 type with keys and cords on the 45 degree angle against the back. Then there are CO boards versus PBX boards. If it were in a business it is likely a PBX.

It comes down to finding someone who wants one and is within easy pickup distance. A nice complete one may be worth $200-$300 to them. I sold a 555 for $800 years ago as someone just had to have it and was within driving distance of me. I didn't particularly want to sell it...but for $800, I hope it has been enjoying its new home!

Terry

RB

Thanks for the info Terry.
Hardly seems worth the backache to dig it out, and move it...

AE_Collector

Ask if they can get you pictures.

Terry

MADhouseTelephone

If it is an AE/Leich 55 or TAS 100, I am interested. ADavid
ADavid, MADhouse Telephone

Fabius

So what was found out about the board?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765