News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

lack of resistance of buying phones

Started by southernphoneman, March 31, 2013, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

I can t speak for the rest of you on the forum,l but I can speak for myself when I say I have caught this THANKFUL disease ;D called phonitis.i have an extreme irresistibility to buying phones. there was this 302 up for auction on ebay that ended a couple of hours ago. the opening bid was $15.00. it had 0 bidders, so it did not sell. the only thing visibly wrong with it was a chip broken out of the cradle where the handset rests. that did not matter because I had wanted to part it out for another subset that I wanted to build.i put it on watch last night.well it came time for the auction to end and I had punched in the bid for $15.00 in the last minute. then I hit cancel. then I punched it in again in the last few seconds, still undecidedand then I told my self NO. so I took my hand of the mouse and let it go :( . RATS.how many of you have had that similar experience?come on tell your story and what type of phone you let pass through your fingers.

WesternElectricBen

I didn't know you could cancel a bid after it was placed.

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 31, 2013, 08:58:09 PM
I didn't know you could cancel a bid after it was placed.
I didn't. I never actually placed to the bid.

twocvbloke

I've had many similar experiences when wanting to buy something, sometimes missing out on bidding cos of getting distracted, or wanting to bid but holding back and seeing it either not sell or sell for one bid at a stupidly low price... :-\

But when it comes to trying not to buy stuff, occasionally, resistance is futile... :D