News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phones found at a recycling facility

Started by recpro, March 09, 2013, 05:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recpro

These happened along from a customer the other day, we are a recycling company. There are also parts and some switch/power supply/pbx? stuff etc.
Dan

MagicMo

Quote from: recpro on March 09, 2013, 05:13:50 PM
These happened along from a customer the other day, we are a recycling company. There are also parts and some switch/power supply/pbx? stuff etc.
Dan

I love to recycle! Can you recycle these babies my way? ;D
Nice
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

recpro

I'll say what i paid after they sell......its a recycling company. These need a new home. I find them fascinating, but way too much sweet, cool stuff comes here, woman says i can keep 1.
5 AE 34
2 AE 40
2 WE 202
2 New in Box AE80R
1 AE 50
1 AE 32?
And more and parts

AE_Collector

I see an AE 183 Spacesaver as well. The one with the swivel dial on top.

So you have a store where you sell stuff? Have you put prices on these? Some here may be interested. Many people are looking for AE34's.

Terry

recpro

Terry,
I don't have a retail store. I'm a tech recycler (love it, hate it). This was a special find, came in from the estate of a retired contract repairman. Haven't gotten to the value, pricing point yet. And yes on the space saver, some desk 80e? pushbuttons, a starlite?, and some older multi-lines. Was several hundred lbs. I'll get more pics tomorrow.
Dan
360-775-0467 8-5 Pacific please

AE_Collector

So there are more phones than those pictured? I am all for recycling but someone sent these for electronic recycling?! Quite often that means that they have to be sent for recycling here in the Vancouver (Canada) area at least (IE: no one can take anything for reuse, everything goes for recycling). Good thing you have the ability to find them new homes rather than squashing them for their scrap value.

I am going to move this from the "Find of the month" to classifieds as presumably you will have them for sale. While they are a great "find of the month", you can submit them as well once you can divulge more info.

Terry

recpro

Terry,
You wouldn't believe the things people send, and bring in. Often working, obsolescence and societies want for the latest and greatest, lack of space, etc....all factor in. I was a construction manager for years, i built transfer stations and closed landfills.
Dan

recpro

Link to photos of items in lot. Will decide how we are going to sell them Monday 3/11. If we separate them we will contact in order of messages received here and email. There have been more requests for AE 34's than are available.
Thanks,
Dan

http://tinyurl.com/apq3tzo  ( dead link 8-3-17 )

AE_Collector

For left overs there is a phone show in Seattle in may or June organized by phonesrfun here on the forum. You could take it all there and likely find new owners for everything you have left.

Terry

telcosteve

Ok so how does anyone get a hold of you to find out more info?

Steve

DavePEI

Quote from: telcosteve on March 13, 2013, 08:55:00 PM
Ok so how does anyone get a hold of you to find out more info?

Steve
Send him a P.M.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE40FAN

Are any of these for sale?!  Holy Cow!

ItalianAce

The crazy thing is most of those phones if restored to working condition (and add a P to T converter and seperate caller ID box) will work far better than the cheap ploastic cord phones you buy at walmart/target. The heavy metal or brass or even thermoplastic, and the inside wiring will make the phone really last. Maintenance on dial and stuff is easy once you get the hang of it. Plus if there is a natural event like a tornado...these phones will most liely work over your cordless or cell phones.

AE_Collector

Did anyone other than Dave purchase any of these phones? I never heard if the rest made it to ebaY yet. The pictures at the picture site are no longer viewable either.

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 01, 2013, 11:02:44 AM
Did anyone other than Dave purchase any of these phones? I never heard if the rest made it toebaY yet. Te pictures at the picture site are no longer viewable either.

Terry

I tried to make him an offer on the entire lot, including all the "junker" phones, but we couldn't agree on a price.  Dan seems to be a nice person, easy to talk to.  Sequim and the surrounding area is a nice place to visit, so Anita and I may try to get over there just for a change of scenery and make the phones a side visit if he has any left.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e