News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 653 B-A wiring question

Started by shortrackskater, September 17, 2020, 08:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortrackskater

OK I did see on the diagram that those wires go to the receiver and transmitter and I think they are correct.
My hook switch seems to look different than the others. Here are photos of it opened and closed.
Mark J.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: shortrackskater on September 24, 2020, 07:49:59 PM
My hook switch seems to look different than the others. Here are photos of it opened and closed.

It looks like the bottom spring is broken off and the rest are bent. There should be two contacts that open together.

Sorry about the low resolution image but I think you can see what it looks like.

Jack

shortrackskater

OK I messed with the contacts on that switch in the phone actually is working.  It dials out properly and the audio quality is decent!
The problem is I have to manually open the bottom contact to break dial tone,  if I'm wording that properly.  I think I could make a little rubber spacer to do that?

Thanks Jack. I didn't see the photo when I replied. I need to do some bending on my switch as well. That upper "spring" (If that's what it's called) isn't arced enough to keep the receiver holder up, when it's removed.
Mark J.

TelePlay

At the request of shortrackskater, this topic has been ended here.

Mark said to end this thread here by saying "Phone working. New topic started for switch repair."

The replies pertaining to the hook switch leaf restoration/repair that were posted after this reply were spit off from this topic (at Marks's request) into a new topic, "WE 653 B-A Hook Switch Leaf Repair Project," at this link:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24382.0

Replies pertaining to this topic, wiring of a WE 653 B-A can be posted here, follow this reply.