News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 1500D Listed on eBay

Started by LarryInMichigan, May 13, 2012, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

I finally listed my white WE 1500D: link.  I hope that this goes better than most of my ebay listings (and gets more than one bid).

Larry

Dennis Markham

It looks good, Larry.  Good luck with your auction.

LarryInMichigan

LarryInMichigan

Well, it sold this evening for $77.77, which is considerably less than I had hoped to get for it.  I must be doing something wrong.

Larry

Dave F

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 20, 2012, 09:16:37 PM
Well, it sold this evening for $77.77, which is considerably less than I had hoped to get for it.  I must be doing something wrong.

Larry

I don't think you did anything wrong.  eBay is always a turkey-shoot.  Just like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.  Actually, that seems like a reasonable price for both buyer and seller.  If it had the older-style solid faceplate with rear-mounted number card, it would probably have sold for a little more.  No reason to hang your head in shame,  you did fine.

DF

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 20, 2012, 09:16:37 PM

Larry

Larry....I always have my opening bid as the least amount I would accept for the phone. I don't like reserves as I think they scare buyers away, just my opinion.

If you want $200 fro you phone, have $200 as your opening bid with no buy it now....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 21, 2012, 10:17:09 AM
Larry....I always have my opening bid as the least amount I would accept for the phone. I don't like reserves as I think they scare buyers away, just my opinion.

If you want $200 fro you phone, have $200 as your opening bid with no buy it now....Doug

I agree that reserves are very counterproductive, but high opening bids also tend to discourage prospective bidders.  Nearly everyone likes to get a bargain, so setting a low opening bid attracts bidders who hope to get a bargain.  At least some of them may stick around after their low bids are surpassed and enter higher bids.  Of course, if one sets a $.99 opening bid, they run the risk of losing money, and I have won a few items in the past with such bids.  There is a difficult balance involved.

Larry

HarrySmith

I have the same issue. I do not sell tons of stuff on ebay so I cannot afford to lose money on an auction. One time I started the auction at 99 cents and I did lose money, never again! I start the bidding at what I need to get. I figure the cost of the item plus 20% for eBay & PayPal fees and a liitle for profit. If it does not sell, no problem, relist it. I have found everything sells eventually!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Summer is the slow time on eBay as everyone is on vacation....unless you have something that everyone wants.  If it doesn't sell, I relist  with a lower opening bid. It will usually go unless you are asking Antique Store prices. eBay has been very good to Jan and me. It is a great second job, doing what we enjoy doing.  It will be a good retirement job in the not so distant future...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 02, 2017, 06:14:47 PM
It will be a good retirement job in the not so distant future...Doug

My thinking exactly!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"