News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1A Key phone system help needed

Started by Steve K, January 20, 2009, 12:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve K

I currently have a 1A2 key phone setup in part of my house using 500 series rotary and Touch-Tone phones with manual intercom that works fine.  I want to hook up a few of my 400 series WE key phones to a 1A system.  These phones are incompatable with the 1A2 system so I got the required 1A line and hold relays.  I downloaded all the info I could find on the internet as to how this system works but I can not get the hold feature (which really is the only feature) to work.  When I push the hold button the hold relay does not energize and I lose the line connection. 

Does anyone here have any experience with this old system?  I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,
Steve

Babybearjs

well, heres my input! I also have a 1A1 system and some WE400 series phones. look in the TCI library and download the schematics for the 400 series phones. the BSP #is: 502-435-400. you need to convert the 400 series phone over to the 1A1 service. there is a chart on page 6 that shows you how. once converted, the phone should work just fine. mine do!   John
John