News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

21A Communication System (COM KEY* 2152)

Started by the phone house, February 11, 2013, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the phone house

Any interest in this?
Steve @ The Phone House

cello973

If you have the phones i may be interested...
Vince

the phone house

Steve @ The Phone House

cello973

Thanks for the reply.... A few years ago I had boxes of the comkey phones plus the console but no KSU... I have since divested my self of the phones.
Vince

the phone house

This was given to me a coupe of years ago, I am an outside repairman,I know nothing about switching, it's here taking up space, thought I would move it if any one was interested.
Steve @ The Phone House

oldphon

Where are you located?  I think shipping would be out of the question!

the phone house

I'm in Rome, Georgia North of Atlanta.
Yea, it's HEAVY!
Steve @ The Phone House

WesternElectricBen

AE_Collector

What is it exactly? If it is an electronic KSU it looks as though it is built on 1A2 panels. Did it have proprietary phones? 4 conductors to each phone?

Or is it similar to he other ComKey system we talked about here recently that was like 1A2 but had the common equipment inside "master phones" thus reducing the cable to each phone down to just the CO lines.

Terry

the phone house

Make a offer, have no idea of value (in the eye of beholder). If you can use and pick up, may be a trade?
Phonehouse@comcast.net

Steve @ The Phone House

the phone house

Terry, all I know is what you see in the photos. Can take more photos if needed....
Steve @ The Phone House

the phone house

More photos....
Steve @ The Phone House

cello973

Terry,

The 21A aka Com Key is a variant of the 1A2 it had 2 intercom links, electronic ringing a ring matrix etc built in to the ksu the system used the 400 type card for the lines and the phones were wired a bit differently but still utilized T R A A1 LG L per line. If you wanted to expand the system you had to use Com Key phones other 1A2 sets were not compatible..
Vince

oldphon

Thanks Steve.  It would cost a bundle to ship!  I know Rome, we have an office in Villa Rica.

AE_Collector

Thanks Cello. With the model designation of 21A it sort of sounds like a complete redesign of the existing 1A system. We never used anything other than AE 10A2 systems here until the conversion to new electronic proprietary systems.

Terry