Jester

Here are some shots of my gray phones.

1.  WE 554 from 9/58

2.  WE 500 from 12/57

3.  WE 500 from 12/59

4.  Conn. Tel. from 8/55
Stephen

AE_Collector

I thought someone on here had a gray AE80? I haven't seen any gray AECo pictures posted yet.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Jorge

paul-f

Terry,

I'll also refer you back to the first post in the thread.

Here's another AE treasure.
   http://www.paul-f.com/speakae.htm
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dennis Markham

Yes, Jorge.  I think that's the one Terry had in mind.  I have been waiting for a photo to appear also.

Jester

Here are a few more that fit this thread.

1.  WE 554  This was a refurb. with mostly 1960 dates on the base, a 1961 handset assy. & a tenite cover from 1/58.  I switched the base with an example I had from 2/59, so the only parts left with 60's dates are the handset & dial.  I have since found a base dated 1/58 that I wll probably assemble to this phone.  I'd like to find a 7C-61 dial for it, but I'm not expecting to find a soft plastic handset to match the cover.

2.  WE 500 8/54  This is the earliest color 500 in my collection & the only full color Oxford Gray I own.  Notice the 95A app. blank.  Cliff Sullivan just auctioned off a NOS moss green example of (just) this dial blank for $56.00!!

3.  WE 500 two-tone 3/55  This is one of the oldest members of my collection--I've had it for 25 years.

4.  Promo pen holder with original pen.

5.  Another shot of pen holder with Oxford Gray & Light gray keychains.
Stephen

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 04, 2010, 07:27:04 PM
Terry:

You mean this one?

http://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/AE80InDawnGray#

Now I remember, yes that is it!

I have a gray AE90 and a gray 183 spacemaker (like my avatar). I'll post pictures once I get home from the cabin after the long weekend.

Quote from: paul-f on September 04, 2010, 07:36:33 PM
Terry,

I'll also refer you back to the first post in the thread.

Oh now I remember..when I first encountered this thread none of the pictures on the first page loaded for me. Just the little red boxes with "X's" in them. Once I got to the second page all was okay but I forgot to go back and try to reload the first page.

I take it all back, and glad to see that YOU STARTED with AECo.....all is well again.

Terry

Dennis Markham

All of the gray phones are very nice.  Stephen I really like the manual Dark Gray 500.  It's amazing (to me) that you've had that phone for so long.  I like those older dial blanks as well.  One doesn't see too many of them.  Why the GE logo in the center?  It reminds me of my GE fans that I have.

I know it's not gray, but I'm going to post the black '53 500 with the 95A dial blank.

Jester

Dennis,
I have run out of repro. dial cards and my bonus card collection is also getting thin.  I've picked up too many phones that don't have a matching card or they have no card at all.  The GE card also has some personal significance--it was originally on the gray two-tone pictured above.  It somehow seemed fitting to install it on another gray phone.
Stephen

Dennis Markham

Stephen, it looks nice.  Is the dial card retainer chrome/sillver/stainless or painted?  As you can see on the black one I posted the ring is black.  I think with the dial blanks the retainer rings were originally the silver color.

Kenny C

its starting to look like Andy Griffiths living room  ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dave F

Here, in a yellow disguise, is a 1971 502AB Exclusion set with G6 handset and 358A Beehive glow lamp.  This phone came from a radio station where it had been used for listener call-ins.  The exclusion feature was needed to prevent others in the station from interfering with on-air calls.  The Beehive lamp was used in place of the disconnected ringer for silent ring-in indication.  Obviously, the gray housing needs a lot of TLC.  I worked on the dial faceplate using the "Armstrong" (sandpaper) method.  I think this housing is a good candidate for me to test out the Clorox process.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

AE_Collector

See Jorge....there is always a WORSE case of sunburnt gray out there.

Terry

Jester

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 04, 2010, 10:20:30 PM
Is the dial card retainer chrome/sillver/stainless or painted?  As you can see on the black one I posted the ring is black.  I think with the dial blanks the retainer rings were originally the silver color.

It is chrome plated steel.  I have an extra--if you want it, it's yours.
Stephen

paul-f

Here's one by Stromberg Carlson.  A 1553 wall set, NOS in box.

The way they hold the base in the box is interesting.

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line