"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 308/616 Telephone sets & PBX Compatibility

Started by Fabius, January 20, 2015, 11:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Yes, this one should be good.
I just did a bit eBay searching to see what's available... and these seem to be among the cheapest, along with the 7130s.

I found some KX-T61630  for $129 a piece!  I haven't seen those for a while, and found no KX-T30830.  But VoiceSonic.com has them for $120 ea. "like new".

unbeldi

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 21, 2015, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: unbeldi on January 21, 2015, 10:24:31 AMAh...  the 7130 seems pretty much like the 7030, not sure exactly what the difference is.

Less buttons by the looks of things:

I found another difference.  The 7130 can use a six-conductor mounting cord!  Does yours have a 6P6C connector?

I have located a circuit diagram and it looks like the extra two leads are used for a second analog audio path to the system unit.  So the 7130 is somewhat like a two-line phone, with the exception that the second line does not have DC "talk battery".  Of course this would not work on the KX-T61610 systems.

twocvbloke

Quote from: unbeldi on January 28, 2015, 09:28:17 AMDoes yours have a 6P6C connector?

It does indeed, though it's presently using a 4-wire RJ11... :)

unbeldi

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 28, 2015, 12:06:17 PM
Quote from: unbeldi on January 28, 2015, 09:28:17 AMDoes yours have a 6P6C connector?

It does indeed, though it's presently using a 4-wire RJ11... :)

You have to have one of the newer systems for that functionality, but which I am not sure... perhaps that is a features of the KX-T616..D or the KX-TD... systems.  Won't be worrying about that too much.

twocvbloke

Apparently the T7130 will work on the KX-T, KX-TA, KX-TD, KX-TDA and KX-TDE systems, not sure how accurate that is though as I read that off a site selling refurbished phones and they may have re-used a description for another phone...

unbeldi

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 28, 2015, 03:23:12 PM
Apparently the T7130 will work on the KX-T, KX-TA, KX-TD, KX-TDA and KX-TDE systems, not sure how accurate that is though as I read that off a site selling refurbished phones and they may have re-used a description for another phone...

These descriptions are usually not very informative, not enough detail. Indeed this type of phone is suitable for many of the systems, but it's not clear on which all features can be used. But now that I understand this phone better, it will be easier to sort this out.  I actually like to find a cheap broken one, because the display and keypad are very easy to interface with a Raspberry Pi, for example.

twocvbloke

Quote from: unbeldi on January 28, 2015, 05:17:39 PMbecause the display and keypad are very easy to interface with a Raspberry Pi, for example.

Hmm, the PanasoniPi... ;D