News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Right Place, RIght Time!!!

Started by Dan, September 16, 2012, 07:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Got lucky on this one. I love these and I know they will always keep their value.

http://tinyurl.com/8kd2yts
( dead link 01-12-22 )
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Looks nice, Dan.  You DID get lucky!  Here are a couple of the eBay photos. (I notice it has the later #9 dial).

TelePlay

Quote from: Dan on September 16, 2012, 07:53:19 PM
Got lucky on this one. I love these and I know they will always keep their value.

Yes, you did. I've had a few "RPRT BINs" but nothing like this. Way to go!

Dan

Thanks, I know I have a late  1959 dial so I am tempted to make it matching.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AE40FAN

Dan you lucky man!  I say go for it and swap out the dial with a '59.  Whose gonna know?;-)

AE_Collector

$49.95 plus $20 Shipping. WoW, Right place at the right time is FOR SURE!

Congrats,

Terry

poplar1

Perhaps Paul F. can confirm this: I think it takes a 7C-3 dial with lucite finger wheel.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jester

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 16, 2012, 08:20:39 PM
I notice it has the later #9 dial.

Look VERY closely!  The graphics are bad, but I'm seeing the correct 7C-3 dial with matching Lucite open faced FW from where I sit.  That's a Homerun, man!
Stephen

Dan

Good eye Stephen, we'll see when I get it.  ;D

Dennis Markham

I'm glad I'm wrong about the dial.  From my vantage point it looked like a thin opening for the finger stop, indicating a #9 dial. 

RotarDad

Wow - that is really a great one Dan!  Finds like these keep us all on the Ebay treasure hunt.  I don't think I've seen a "P" version from '59.  I would guess most people chose the "U" version to get the night light, so a late "P" like yours must be extremely uncommon.  Anyone else seen a newer "P"?
Paul

twocvbloke

If the phone is Tenite, it definitely would be a P/U phone... :D

(just playing with my red 500 at the moment, still can't get used to that smell!!)

Dan

Love the tenite smell. Only thing that comes close to it is my dogs breath first thing in the morning...

Dan

Dennis was right about the dial, it is a #9. The Phone is mint otherwise. No rust on the feet and the G-1 handset is glossy bakelite. Of course, it all works once I supplied a transformer and line cord. The kids are happy, they hated talking on the candlestick in the basement  and the 500 is a comfortable upgrade. I am going to leave the dial alone , since it is still a soft centered fingerwheel and only I know it is newer.