News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction (59 Cancelled: ListingTerminated) - AE Strowger Candlestick

Started by HarrySmith, December 02, 2010, 01:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

This looks like it would be a nice contest phone. Only up for less than a day and already over $1300.00. Nice looking Strowger Dial Candlestick I wonder which collector gave his up?

S C O R E B O A R D

$1987.00 - NorthernMan
$2000.00 - stub1953
$2222.22 - Dennis Markham
$2411.74 - Dan
$2500.00 - Sargeguy
$2750.00 - bingster
$3101.00 - ae_collector
$3213.77 - Jim S.
$3350.01 - HarrySmith
$3500.00 - Kidphone
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 02, 2010, 01:48:03 PM
This looks like it would be a nice contest phone. Only up for less than a day and already over $1300.00. Nice looking Strowger Dial Candlestick I wonder which collector gave his up?

http://tinyurl.com/2awtvnk

No bottom cover, but otherwise a great specimen....$3500....Doug
Kidphone

bingster

Looks like a good one to me, Harry.  Quite a higher price than we normally have for the contest, but it's likely got a long way to go. 

This is auction no. 60, gang.  What will this one wind up at when the auction's done?  Get your guesses in before the auction's final day and you could be the next contest winner!
= DARRIN =

stub

It has a Kellogg receiver cap on it , no bottom. I think it will go for 2000.00
                                                                                                     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

NorthernMan

Missing the bottom and some guts, how can you tell if the dialling mechanism is there?  I am in for $1987.00

Northern Man

Dennis Markham

Since I have no clue I'm going to go with $2222.22.  I guess my clue is what you all have guessed thus far.

AE_Collector

$3101.00

Doesn't the hook look too long on this one? These phones frequently had lots of parts changed out in them over the years from what I've seen. I wonder if that could be a hook from a Strowger wall phone rather than a stick?

I have 3 Strowger wall sets but no Strowger sticks. Anyone overloaded with sticks want to trade for a wall? Yeah, right... All 3 of my wall sets have different transmitter perches on them, one of them is the perch from a stick.

Terry

NorthernMan

You are right AEC the ones i have seen ..... the visible part of the bar is one inch long  .. this looks to be two inches long.  Can i downgrade my guess?

HarrySmith

I am not an expert on these, I just really like them adn I wish they were not so Expensive. From what I have seen and heard I think even with incorrect parts it is still highly desirable. My gues is $3350.01
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

stub

Here's one with the right length hook .     stub

http://tinyurl.com/25veenq

This is not the one in our contest!!!!!
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

WOW! First time I have ever seen 2 on eBay at the same time!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

NorthernMan

The other strowger stick went for $2625 ...... the plating on it was not in good shape , well worn all over . It had more original parts than the one in the contest though.
        Does any know what a complete renickel job would cost on one of these ....... and would it increase or decrease the value ?