News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Revisiting refurbs

Started by Bartonpipes, January 29, 2015, 03:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartonpipes

Okay, I'll be the first to admit, I like having my phones apart in a million pieces probably as much as I like having them all sit on a shelf.

Several times I have refurbished a phone and let it sit for about a month and then I just find some small defect so I can justify taking it apart again.  Maybe I'm just not buying enough phones to kill the down time....

Anyone else out there guilty of this?

-Andrew

unbeldi

Quote from: Bartonpipes on January 29, 2015, 03:37:18 PM
........ Maybe I'm just not buying enough phones to kill the down time....

Perhaps you're just lucky enough that you don't need to buy more phones.

Bartonpipes

Quote from: unbeldi on January 29, 2015, 03:40:57 PM

Perhaps you're just lucky enough that you don't need to buy more phones.

Nope, I have a pretty big wish list... heck, I don't even have a single candlestick set yet!  :D
-Andrew

WEBellSystemChristian

I find myself doing the same thing! I sometimes re-refurb my phones, and I end up not finishing them. End result: phone parts all over the floor! I guess I'm just lucky that I never lose parts when I have them in pieces...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Greg G.

Close, but not exactly.  I have many phones that I have yet to refurbish.  My usual m.o. is to get a phone, take it apart and let it "age", fully intending to finish the project, then along comes another phone and I'm really curious about my new "toy", so the previous one gets pushed aside.  Repeat the process.  I don't think I have ever actually did a second round of refurbishing on a phone, too many others still waiting for the first go-around.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bartonpipes

It may be that I haven't quite established a real process for working on what get.
-Andrew

Doug Rose

I work on a project until it is completed ....unless I am waiting for a part or (more likely) I am so frustrated that I cannot make it work that I feel a temper tantrum coming on. It will be the first thing I tackle the next time in the dungeon....Doug
Kidphone