News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for matching color dial inserts on colored 302's

Started by sesjrs, December 12, 2014, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sesjrs

I haven't posted in some time. I have tried putting photos in using the attachment button, and insert image button with no success. So I will give up at this point on putting the photo's in. I have posted photos in the past fine but have no idea now how to do that now which is frustrating to say the least. Have tried it in http, jpg, and direct copying.  None of my post show up at that point.  Will try it now without showing the photos.

I am trying to obtain original or exact copies of colored 302 dial inserts.  All of the printer copies I have made or bought do not match the original colors. Has anyone out there found a way to make exact color copies or found a source for them.

Steve

unbeldi

I assume you are talking about the number card masks, such as this:

This is an original, of course, from a Pekin Red 302.

I have made some from card stock, cutting out the window area with rounded corners and used color felt-tip markers to color them. The markers can be bought in many hues and shades, so it's a matter of experimentation.  It's not terribly hard to get the color tone right, but the special texture that the original cards have is not easy to recreate.

There was some discussion about masks here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12268.0

Doug Rose

Hey Steve...welcome back....you have been missed.

You can only post one pictures at a time.

Click attachments and other options right under message box

Drop down will pop up

Choose file and attach...Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

I would like some as well.  I have one for a red 302, but need a rose and a green one.  The red one I have is more narrow than the one shown, and doesn't look as thick.   
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

sesjrs

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 12, 2014, 04:26:08 PM
Hey Steve...welcome back....you have been missed.

You can only post one pictures at a time.

Click attachments and other options right under message box

Drop down will pop up

Choose file and attach...Doug
Doug,
I still can't seem to use the attachment.  When the pop up should appear, after I have used the browse button to find my photo, i get a blank sheet with just the URL in the destination line.  I don't have a pop up blocker on. Is there a limit on the resolution that could be causing this problem?
Steve

Doug Rose

here is a shot of my chosing a file
Kidphone

unbeldi

Attaching pictures in this forum can be difficult when the file size is large, sometimes even when not, particularly when multiple pictures are attached. Often the HTTP server thread simply crashes or dies leaving a blank page for the user.  Often it helps to write the text first, submit it, and then attach the pictures by modifying the post.